French translation of CB CODE FIELD PROBLEM

3 years 11 months ago #318312 by chanteur94
Hi

Here is in a capture the french translation of CB CODE FIELD.

There is a big mistake .. the list should be the same that English.

Code
Code Check Box (Multiple)
Code Drop Down (Multi-select)
Code Drop Down (Single Select)
Code radio buttons

actually in french, I have
Code
Case à cocher (simple)
Cases à cocher (Multiple)
Cases à cocher (multiple)
Bouton radio 2 times (one becomes from code field, the other from community builder)

How to correct that ?

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318322 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic French translation of CB CODE FIELD PROBLEM
What's the issue exactly? The field type options are ran through usort with strcmp to sort them alphabetically, which it's doing correctly from the looks of it. It's not going to maintain the English order then translate. The translating happens before it does the sorting. This is the same sorting behavior Joomla does on options to be consistent.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318333 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic French translation of CB CODE FIELD PROBLEM
It' s a display problem.

English : Code. French : code

English : Code Check Box (Multiple) French : witch one?

English : Code Drop Down (Multi-select). French : witch one?

English : Code Drop Down (Single Select). French :???

English : Code radio buttons. French : there are 2 possibilities Bouton Radio. Witch one is the good one.

So I think that the one who make the translation have made a lot of mistake

3 years 11 months ago #318355 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic French translation of CB CODE FIELD PROBLEM
We don't provide translations. They're entirely a community effort. So whoever translated those strings did so in an unclear manner. If you'd like to contribute to a language see our localization page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/localization

You can override just those strings using language overrides shown below if you just want to fix this immediately for your install without contributing to a language.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318403 by chanteur94
I made the corrections in Transifex for french language.

Best regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn