Developer time

3 years 11 months ago #318335 by AlanJones
Developer time was created by AlanJones
How much would you guys charge to help me setup notifications io a CB Joomla site?
There are 2 things I can’t seem to get right.
1. I’d like people to get notifications of conversations they have joined within groups. So those who comment on a post, not just the person who initiated the post.
2. I’d like to explore web or browser notifications rather than e-mail.

J 3.9.18
CB 2.4.5
GJ 3.4.0
AutoActions 8.0.0
Activity 5.0.0

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318356 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Developer time

How much would you guys charge to help me setup notifications io a CB Joomla site?

We do not provide contracted development. What paid configuration services we provide are for configuring features that are already available and not for implementing new ones.

1. I’d like people to get notifications of conversations they have joined within groups. So those who comment on a post, not just the person who initiated the post.

That should already be working if the "CB Activity - Comment Chain Notification" system action in CB Auto Actions is published. There's also "CB Activity - Comment Reply Chain Notification" for replies.

2. I’d like to explore web or browser notifications rather than e-mail.

Push notifications are planned in a later release. There's not really the API available to do this properly right now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318384 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Developer time
Thanks Krilion

That should already be working if the "CB Activity - Comment Chain Notification" system action in CB Auto Actions is published. There's also "CB Activity - Comment Reply Chain Notification" for replies. [/quote]

I have both of those on but I still don’t get reply notifications sent or logged.

Own Your Own Community!

3 years 11 months ago #318397 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Developer time

I have both of those on but I still don’t get reply notifications sent or logged.

Are they working for comment chains on profile activity at least? or just not working for CB GroupJive activity posts?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318404 by AlanJones

krileon wrote: Are they working for comment chains on profile activity at least? or just not working for CB GroupJive activity posts?

I think so. They are working for group events, for connections - it’s just replies I can’t get working. Replies work for the original poster - but not for anyone else who comments.

Own Your Own Community!

3 years 11 months ago #318405 by AlanJones
Actually the replies to the post originator are also not working anymore. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.
All I want is for everyone in a group and part of a conversation to get the notifications.
Maybe I can buy some time for you guys to help me set that up?

Own Your Own Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds