Updating CB plugins

3 years 11 months ago #318351 by Shedor
Updating CB plugins was created by Shedor
Hi everyone! Long time since I have been here, but I just paid for 3 months (Prof.) and at my site is both Joomla and Communicator updated, but a lot of plugins needs updating and I'm getting a bit "out of date" myself, so things are a bit more complicated somehow! So, I was wondering if someone could give me a bit help to get this done and I will pay, but since it's a nonprofit site and everything I do is, I can not afford to pay if it is very expencive.
With kind regards, Shedor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318363 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating CB plugins
How out of date is your install? If possible just update CB it self then be sure you're logged into Joompolis and next visit CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin > Install from Web. If the JSONP call managed to work (it has been unreliable lately) you'll be able to just update all of your CB plugins provided by us with a single button press (specifically the Update All button). Aside from that you can check what you have installed in CB > Plugin Management and download their new releases from our downloads page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

If you need installation assistance you can find our installation services below.

www.joomlapolis.com/services/installation

Please make a backup before updating as depending on how out of date your install is there could be unexpected changes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318390 by Shedor
Replied by Shedor on topic Updating CB plugins

File Attachment:

File Name: Disabledfu...omla.rtf
File Size:2 KB

Here, this should show my problems...
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #318398 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating CB plugins
Please do not attach documents as your post. Just put the contents in your post directly. Several of your plugins are multiple years out of date. In that case I recommend making a full backup of your site before you update. You can do this using your hosting panel or something like AkeebaBackup.

Once a backup, or even 2, have been made update CB. Once CB is updated be sure you're logged into Joomlapolis then navigate to CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin > Install from Web. Now use the Update All button to update the rest of your install. You'll now want to verify everything on your site is working as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318424 by Shedor
Hi, I followed your instructions and I got most of CB plugins installed and then attempted to install not the last on, but the previous update of CB itself after taking backup with Akeeba backup and thenI tried to update and the site got stuck and I had to log in to my provider "domeneshop.no" and take dharmadata.org down and I don't know what is best to do now. I think it maybe has to do with PHP where I have the latest 7.3 and I trued with 7.4 without luck. I have never tried to use a backup from Akeeba, but everytime I have don updates it has taken backups! On administrator I ruined some checks and it mostly seems ok, but there where one that had some remarks that I dis not understand, but I'm now 67 years and things are a bit more difficult for me, so what to do next to get dharmadata up again?

3 years 11 months ago #318430 by Shedor
I saw this had many faults, sp one more time;
Hi, I followed your instructions and I got most of CB plugins installed and then attempted to install not the last one, but the previous update of CB itself after taking backup with "Akeeba backup" and then when I tried to update, the site got stuck and I had to log in to my domain provider "domeneshop.no" and take dharmadata.org down and I don't know what is best to do now. I think it maybe has to do with PHP where I have the latest 7.3 and I tried with 7.4 without luck. I have never tried to use a backup from a Akeeba backup, but everytime I have done updates trough the years, it has taken backups!
On administrator side I runned some checks and it mostly seems ok, but there where one that had some remarks that I did not understand, but I'm now 67 years and things are a bit more difficult for me, so what to do next to get dharmadata up again? When I went in today it looks like the plugins are not updated as they are red again.
Regards, shedor

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds