cb Autoactions : how to assign a groupjive group according to joomla usergroups

3 years 10 months ago #318371 by phcprod
I would like to automatically include users in groupjive groups according to the usergroup joomla to which they are assigned.
Ex: when <user_id> is assigned to the acl group <group_joomla> it is automatically included in the groupjive group <groupjive_group_n>
Global settings: Category = groupjive, user = automatic, access: all
Tab condition: usergroups = <group_joomla> (the assigned joomla group)
Action tab = join groups -> <groupjive_group_n> (the group to join automatically)
Other tabs: none
What is the trigger to use? Should other variables or substitutions be added?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318372 by krileon
Trigger depends on where you want this to happen. Are you changing their usergroup strictly in backend by editing them in CB > User Management? You don't need a condition; just be sure to select <group_joomla> for the Access parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318377 by phcprod
ideally the assignment to the joomla group is done by a subscription component which assigns the joomla groups according to the subscription plan.
So it is according to these assignments that I have to include in one or the other groupjive group.

3 years 10 months ago #318378 by krileon
The group join needs to be done at the same time as your usergroup assignment. So if this for example is when a subscription is activated in CBSubs then you'd be acting on CBSubs triggers for that. Otherwise the best I can suggest is just do it after the user logs in using the onAfterLogin trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318379 by phcprod
CBSubs was my first choice but unfortunately the component does not offer the Stripe Connect plugin (payment one to many), so I have to choose another component (hikashop) :(

3 years 10 months ago #318394 by krileon
If hikashop fires a Joomla event on subscription activation then you can still act on that using CB Auto Actions. You'll just need to be sure CB Auto Actions Bot is installed and published then prefix the Joomla event in your auto action with joomla_ to act on it. Aside from that you can do something like suggested earlier and place them in the GJ group on onAfterLogin so that their next login will have to handle it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn