CB Privacy tabs

3 years 11 months ago #318502 by kdave321
CB Privacy tabs was created by kdave321
I read the doc and watched the video tutorials too. I hope I'm just missing something.

I picked "user can control privacy" for Group tab and Connections tab, default Public. Seems to work fine for profile visitors.
But, the user sees these extra tabs "Groups" and "Connections" when they edit their profiles. Each tab just shows the connection types dropdown menu ( the ones enabled) and nothing else.

Not obvious at all to the user what is going on there. Can I change how it's displayed? Can I add text? Can I put the privacy selects under a single "Set Privacy" tab? Better yet, can I just pretend it's another field setting in the normal profile tab?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318513 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy tabs

Can I change how it's displayed? Can I add text?

Yes, but it will require making a custom template for CB Privacy to change how things display.

Can I put the privacy selects under a single "Set Privacy" tab?

Yes, you can enable the simple privacy mode as shown the below blog post.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18860-cb-privacy-6-1-0

Better yet, can I just pretend it's another field setting in the normal profile tab?

Yes, you can use a Privacy field to move the privacy controls to a separate field that you can move around. The asset for the privacy field should be set to "profile.tab.TAB_ID_HERE" for it to control the privacy of that tab. Then for the privacy controls on the tab set its Layout to Hidden so it won't actually display. This is a more advanced usage though and recommend using the Simple privacy mode as it's most clear for users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kdave321

1 year 11 months ago #329473 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic CB Privacy tabs
The Simple Privacy mode works fine but now I would like to add another custom field (radio button type) to the Privacy tab. I see right now that only fields of type "Privacy" go into the simple mode Privacy tab. How do I get the radio button type field to go into that tab?

Maybe you have a better approach. I'm using this field for a particular usergroup to be able to hide themselves from user lists ( while their profile is still accessible).

1 year 11 months ago #329477 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy tabs
The simple privacy tab is strictly for privacy controls only. You cannot add other fields there. You'll need to place your field on a different tab. Removing users from userlist only works with the profile privacy field check so it's not possible to replace that with a different privacy selector only for userlists. That maybe something supported in the future though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds