New login problems

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318526 by kdave321
New login problems was created by kdave321
I have had recurring problems with Joomla sessions and staying logged in with the Joomla's Remember Me plugin in the past.

Seems to be different issues depending on browser, etc, as you've mentioned before.

Now with latest Joomla version, when I log in - with the CB Login module - even with a successful login, I get the JERROR box and "Please login first" from languange string JGLOBAL_YOU_MUST_LOGIN_FIRST

Seems to happen only when I log out and back in without restarting the browser, so perhaps an interfering session cookie. As I logout, I get the same error message from "/component/comprofiler/login", and once that's set, it reappears on login. If I clear all site cookies before logging in again, I do not get the error message.

I was testing this in Chrome, and this latest version of Joomla Remember Me just doesn't work. I see it setting and storing Remember_Me cookies, but it fails to log me in automatically any more.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318532 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New login problems
I'm guessing a access denied error got queued into Joomlas message queue and never got a chance to output. Disable SEF and see if issue persists as could be a routing error as you should not have a non-SEF login URL like /component/comprofiler/login since CB creates a menu item for you on install it should just be /cb-login; so you might want to ensure you have a properly accessible Joomla menu item to CBs login page.

CB has absolutely no control over Remember Me. That is entirely a Joomla feature and is handled by the Cookie authentication plugin to restore your previous session. If your cookie is lost your session will be lost. So if you browser clears cookies for example then it just cleared Remember Me as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds