Checkbox validation required error

3 years 10 months ago #318604 by vanGogh1967
Checkbox validation required error was created by vanGogh1967
Hello!

I have a checkbox (multiline, but only one Line/value), which is required for registration.

But whenever I fill out registration form, check the box and submit, I get an error "field is required".

I do not understand what's going on.

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318614 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Checkbox validation required error
Does this also happen for the field in profile edit? Are you applying any conditions to the field using CB Conditional? Was "Minimum Select" configured under Parameters > Validation (default 0)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318623 by vanGogh1967
Replied by vanGogh1967 on topic Checkbox validation required error
Yes, same happens in profile edit!

no conditions at all

minimum select: whatever I put in here (nothing, 0, 1) makes no difference

Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago #318625 by krileon
Strange, seams to work fine in my tests. Was the field always a multi-checkbox field or was it changed from another fieldtype? Are there any conditions on the tab that the field is on? If the tab becomes inaccessible the field will also fail to save.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318630 by vanGogh1967
Replied by vanGogh1967 on topic Checkbox validation required error
Hah, got it!!!

Yes, it was a different field-type before. I plaid around with terms_and_condition, single select and multiple select - to find which fits best.

Now I deleted the field and added it new as multiple-select with standard-settings - and it works!!!!!!!!!

3 years 10 months ago #318636 by krileon
Yeah changing a fields type can cause odd issues when it tries to migrate data. You'll sometimes need to run the strict type tool in CB > Tools to fix that if you toggle a fields type around too much.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn