CB Activity adding Like button and Comment field

3 years 10 months ago #318803 by Sekulla
After installing CB Activity plugin all articles have a Like button and Comment Field appended at the end. I have tried to disable as many relevant settings in the plugin but they persist and there is nothing else that is obvious to switch this feature off except to unpublished the CB Activity Plugin. I have been at it the best part of a day.

I have disabled Comments and Likes in CB Activity but that only relates to the Activity stream and not the Articles. All Joomla Article settings have been checked to ensure that there are no Joomla plugins adding these and the inspection tool confirms these are coming from CB Activity

Any tips on which settings I could try? Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318813 by krileon
Article comments and likes are a part of the CB Activity Bot in Extensions > Plugins. That functionality isn't enabled by default though so it would have had to of been turned on at some point.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318816 by Sekulla
Hi,

Now definitely did not turn it on. Finally figured it out though

In CB Activity Plugin, disable Activity/Comments/ ...Gallery to Likes (12 sub tabs) set to disable. If you even leave just one tab enable Likesand Comments on Article are turned on.

Comments/Likes on articles seems to be the default when you install the CB Quick start followed by install of CB Activity.

Thanks

3 years 10 months ago #318825 by krileon

Comments/Likes on articles seems to be the default when you install the CB Quick start followed by install of CB Activity.

Correct, CB Quickstart will enable them as part of CB Quickstart. They are not enabled by default if just installing CB Activity without CB Quickstart however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sekulla

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn