Recording consent to waiver outside of CB registration/renewal process

3 years 10 months ago #318855 by petekuhn
If we implement a required waiver, CB can enforce consent at registration, renewal, and profile edit if I understand correctly.

We also want existing members to consent to the waiver. Is there a reasonable way for us to record that in the CB system so that they don't have to do it again when they renew (and also so we have a uniform way to see who's done it?). To be more specific, we can write a simple custom component to present the waiver for consent. Can we then store that in the CB tables so that it's equivalent to their having done it at login/renewal?

TIA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318860 by krileon
I've no idea what a waiver is in this context. You want to require them to supply a specific field? Sorry, don't understand what you're trying to do exactly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318863 by petekuhn
The waiver is a form they sign, acknowledging that they are accepting all risk that may arise out of their membership. We use CBSubs for membership in our sailing club, www.cal-sailing.org. We currently have printed waiver forms for some activities, but not for membership, and we'd like to have one that new members would sign electronically. We're contacting you because we'd like to use CBSubs to require that new members sign the form, and we'd like CB Subs to note that they've signed it, in a field that would be part of our database.

3 years 10 months ago #318864 by krileon
CBSubs has no functionality for that beyond using terms and conditions during the checkout process, which can be configure in CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets using the "Display and require accepting terms" parameter. There's no e-signature functionality in CB or CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318893 by petekuhn
I just found CB 2.0 tutorial 11, which tells me everything I need to know about this. And I see how to do what I need. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn