CB Auto Action for all users excecute manually

3 years 9 months ago #318857 by matt@harrington.co.nz
CB Auto Action for all users excecute manually was created by matt@harrington.co.nz
Hi all,

I want to run a CB Auto Action for all users using the internal URL that is associated with the Auto Action. The auto action doesn't run when I use the internal URL that is associated with the auto action. The only way of running it is going to Auto Actions -> Parameter and running the internal URL from there. However, this runs all auto actions associated with users.

How can I get the internal URL assocated with a single CB Auto action to run?

Cheers, Matt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #318861 by krileon
You can't. Running the Internal Users URL will run all auto actions with the Internal Users trigger. This will be improved once the following ticket is implemented.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7976

Basically Internal Users and Internal General triggers would be going away in favor of custom user sets. Those custom user sets can then be selected in an auto action to run the auto action against the supplied user set. Those user sets will support filters so it can filter at a database query level improving performance significantly with this behavior. You'll then also be able to run auto actions individually against user sets, which would cover what you're trying to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matt@harrington.co.nz

3 years 9 months ago #318871 by matt@harrington.co.nz
Replied by matt@harrington.co.nz on topic CB Auto Action for all users excecute manually
Perfect. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn