Hide tab condition

3 years 10 months ago #319002 by matthewdavey
Hide tab condition was created by matthewdavey
I have a tab that is conditioned to hide if another field is empty. The field is the name of the Tab that hides.
Which it does.

But if I have information in the Editor Text Area it won't hide the Tab JUST the name.
I want the Tab to hide totaly.
I see in conditions I can ad extra conditions but I can't find one that hides the Editor Text Area of that Tab as well?
I configured additional condition the same to the hide the Editor Text Area of that Tab but does't hide?

see attached
See in the attached It has hidden the name but the 20 will show on profile view with an name less Tab. If I delete the 20 it will hide the tab completely but if I save the profile it will display like the attached with noe tab name and a 20 in profile view. How can I fix this?
Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319016 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hide tab condition
Sorry, bit confused here. You have a field name set as the tab title. If the field is empty you want the tab to be hidden?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #319023 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Hide tab condition
Ok I have a text field that when filled in with a name. my tab. in this case. The name shows on the tab [my tab] that tab is a Editor Text Area.
I have that tab conditional hide. Field my tab. Operator. Empty.

Which it hides the tab name if the field is empty. Which is correct.

But I want it to hide the TAB Editor Text Area that has content in the tab as well.

At the moment if I have content in the tab the tab still displays with [NO NAME] see in the attached below

I dont want to delete the content in order to hide the tab.
Thanks

3 years 10 months ago #319033 by krileon
If you want the tab to hide when your field is empty simply add a condition to that tab as follows.

Display: Tab conditional hide
Field: YOUR_FIELD
Operator: Is Empty

Beyond that I don't understand what the issue is exactly. The tab should hide fine with that condition.

I dont want to delete the content in order to hide the tab.

You'll have to set Reset in CB Conditional > Parameters to Disable then. This will prevent values from resetting when a condition hides something.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #319203 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Hide tab condition
You are an expert coder... No doubt...
I am a subscriber please can you explain in detail.
I have set Reset in CB Conditional > Parameters to Disable.

I have tried everything.

I still see the empty tab with no tab name.
If there is content in the tab the tab will display in profile view with no name on the tab like I showed you in attached.
Can I private message you the login details to fix this issue please.
Thanks

3 years 10 months ago #319206 by krileon
I have no idea what you're doing with your conditions at this point then. You can't have an empty tab. CB Conditional will hide the tab entirely. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. Please include the name of the tab that's not conditioning right.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds