Hide tab condition

3 years 9 months ago #319223 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hide tab condition
Have reviewed your install. I don't understand the issue. If you wanted the fields on your other tabs that are responsible for naming the tabs to condition the display of those tabs just add another condition to those tabs. Have configured this for you where it's working fine. Note you have to use static conditions using Custom > Value or you'll end up in situations where the tab has no name as CB Conditional is not going to dynamically update the tabs name (that's not the purpose of the plugin).

You also have several fields conditioning themselves or their own tabs dynamically. You can't do this. A field can't dynamically show/hide itself on profile edit based off its own value. I've fixed some that I could find, but I'm frankly not about to go through your 190 fields and dozens of tabs to review each condition. A field conditioning itself or its own tab dynamically will cause a fatal JS error, which it's currently doing and is why CB Privacy privacy selectors are broken.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319229 by krileon
Have released a new CB Conditional build that implements protections against infinite loops. It also can output debug messages if it detects an infinite loop so it can be fixed (if debugging is enabled).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319240 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Hide tab condition
Ok
Yo said You can't do this. A field can't dynamically show/hide itself on profile edit based off its own value.
Ok I was trying to use the field to condition itself.
I can't think of the code to do it?
I keep getting heaps of errors

Please can you give me 1 detailed example of a field that has 2 radio buttons that is conditioned to hide a certain tab in the profile. if value is not equal to 1
Or equal to 1
I just want to hide a tab with a yes or no radio button.
Thanks

3 years 9 months ago #319248 by krileon

Yo said You can't do this. A field can't dynamically show/hide itself on profile edit based off its own value.
Ok I was trying to use the field to condition itself.
I can't think of the code to do it?
I keep getting heaps of errors

You can't have a field dynamically condition itself on profile edit. That would create an infinite loop. You can only use static conditions. A static condition is as follows.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [FIELD_NAME]

This is basically substituting in the fields value, which will create a static condition.

Please can you give me 1 detailed example of a field that has 2 radio buttons that is conditioned to hide a certain tab in the profile. if value is not equal to 1
Or equal to 1
I just want to hide a tab with a yes or no radio button.

For radio buttons the value you're conditioning against is whatever you configured in that field. If it's a checkbox field you'd just use "Not Equal To 1" if you want to condition against unchecked or "Equal To 1" if you want to condition against checked.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 9 months ago #319261 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Hide tab condition
Great
How do I hide a plugin? Like I want to hide cb blogs conditioned on a cb subscription plan.
How do I use the radio buttons in a field to hide cb blogs Plugins? Can you give me the exact information please.
Thanks

3 years 9 months ago #319272 by krileon

How do I hide a plugin? Like I want to hide cb blogs conditioned on a cb subscription plan.

You can't condition an entirely plugin and CB Conditional doesn't have CBSubs conditions. For CBSubs to condition tabs or fields based off subscription you'd use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration. As for CB Blogs you'd add those conditions to the Blogs tab.

How do I use the radio buttons in a field to hide cb blogs Plugins? Can you give me the exact information please.

Condition the Blogs tab based off your radio field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds