Moderators for a specific group only

3 years 9 months ago #319237 by eciudad
Moderators for a specific group only was created by eciudad
Is there a way to have a moderator for one specific CB group only?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319239 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic Moderators for a specific group only
Thank you , I found the answer for my question above. This finding created a follow up question. If there are any way to filter the users in one group? Example, from 10,000 users in one group, only 5,000 relate to a section of the group, 2,000 relate to a second section and the final 3,000 relates to a final section. Since the group is created by auto actions, when a user click on the group tab, all 10,000 users would be visible, I have a cross table that breaks the users for each section. Is there a way that I can use my cross table to filter the group users at the GJ group user tab that displays "Users" within the Group Tab Section?

3 years 9 months ago #319247 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Moderators for a specific group only

If there are any way to filter the users in one group?

No.

Is there a way that I can use my cross table to filter the group users at the GJ group user tab that displays "Users" within the Group Tab Section?

No, not without creating a custom template for GJ and implementing your sections in the template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319259 by eciudad
Thank you. Is this something difficult to do? Is there any instructions as to how to do it?

3 years 9 months ago #319270 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Moderators for a specific group only

Is this something difficult to do?

If you've no PHP and HTML coding experience, yes.

Is there any instructions as to how to do it?

No, the template system in plugins however is a pretty straight forward drop in system. The default template for GJ can be found below.

\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbgroupjive\templates\default

Create a new folder in the below with the name of your template (e.g. "mytemplate").

\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbgroupjive\templates

Now copy whatever template files you want to edit from "default" to your "mytemplate". In your case this would just be the users.php template file. Next in GJ change the template to "mytemplate" and for users tab display it will use your template while for everything else it will use default.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319296 by eciudad
Thank you Kyle,

Will try and see how that works. What would use to edit it?

Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn