Moderators for a specific group only

3 years 9 months ago #319337 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic Moderators for a specific group only
My apology if I was not clear. No, I am no looking a for core change, since not everyone is going to benefit or would use this. I am looking for a simple way to isolate members that in each one group to protect their contact and enhance their privacy. I expect that one member as an average would belong to minimum of 4 groups. I everything works out I am also expecting the number of groups to exceed the 10s of thousands. I am already filtering in global maps and charts already, with less SQL code than the one I mentioned before. My specific goal is when users click on their groups they would only see people that are relevant to them.so

Question: The query used for the Users tab, is a SQL Script or PHP code?

Thank you Kyle!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319338 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Moderators for a specific group only
There is no functionality for what you're asking for. You would have to modify core GJ code for that and change the query for that tab entirely, which your changes will be lost every time you update GJ.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319339 by eciudad
"There is no functionality for what you're asking for. "
Understood

"You would have to modify core GJ code for that and change the query for that tab entirely, which your changes will be lost every time you update GJ." Also understood. That's the reason I created my pointing table and that is how I protect the impact to a minimum, developing workarounds.

Can you point me to the query for me to take a peek? I may not be able to do it but I want to develop an strategy. Thank you

3 years 9 months ago #319341 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Moderators for a specific group only
The Users tab query and output is handled in the below file by the showGroupUsers function.

IN: components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbgroupjive\component.cbgroupjive.php
ON: Line 1075

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319344 by eciudad
Thank you Kyle. I hope I can find a workaround. I will let you know. Thank you for your help.

3 years 9 months ago #319642 by eciudad
Kyle,

I was able to insert two lines sql code at the showGroupUsers function in the component.cbgroupjive.php file and now it is doing what I wanted my group filtering to do by each current logged user and as you said, it was over-written by the last update but it is not a big deal, I am set to update the two lines of code every time after the update as a workaround for now. Thank you once again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn