[#8068] Combination Groupfields and query field save error

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #319289 by HogeRaad
I have 3 queryfields in an group, these are related just like: www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/345-cb-query-field/tutorials/18533-configuring-dynamic-usa-state-city-zip-fields-with-cb-query-field-plugin

The problem is when add a few group and i press save only the first.
So to refer to the example only the states are saved. While i also have select city and zip.
On the edit and save only city is saved. while i also selected zip.
On the third edit everything is saved.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319293 by krileon
Is it only doing this for query select fields? Try adding a text field and see if it still does it with text fields. Can this be reliably reproduced over and over on your site or does the 3rd save fix it permanently for a user?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #319299 by HogeRaad

krileon wrote: Is it only doing this for query select fields? Try adding a text field and see if it still does it with text fields.

I added a text field (it is on last position in the group) and that is directly saved on the first time

Can this be reliably reproduced over and over on your site or does the 3rd save fix it permanently for a user?

Yes,Over and over. with edits and adding.

If i have to give workaround instructions to the user it would be.
  1. edit1, go to edit
  2. edit1, only select state
  3. edit1, click on save
  4. edit2, go to edit
  5. edit2 , now select only city
  6. edit2, click on save
  7. edit3, go to edit
  8. edit3 , now select zip
  9. edit3, click on save
Not very user friendly. :laugh:

If they want to edit city the have to start at step 4.

3 years 9 months ago #319306 by krileon
Ok, so it's saving the rows in the field group, but it's not saving the query selects in the field group. Is that correct? For example if I add 3 rows it saves those 3 rows, but the query fields in those 3 rows don't save except for the first query field in each row? Sounds like a potential issue in query field when it validates the dropdown options. Will attempt to reproduce the issue locally. Please also be sure your install is entirely up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319307 by krileon
Ok, was able to find the cause. Have added a bug ticket, fixed the issue, and is now fixed in the latest available build release for CB Field Groups. Saving will be significantly more reliable now. Thank you for all the information as it was very useful in tracking this down.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8068

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: HogeRaad

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn