Customized CB auto action CB Gallery - Privacy - Authorized

3 years 9 months ago #319448 by phcprod
Hello,
I want to modify the CB Gallery - Privacy - Authorized auto action so that my users included in a specific joomla group can have access to a member's media
The system condition is:
Field = Value
Value = [user_id]
not equal
Value = [loop_user_id]
by adding
"AND"
Field = Value
Value = [cb: usergroup user = # me /] -> (viewing user)
not equal
Value = [cb_id_groupe_acl_premium] -> (text field of the displayed user containing the group id who may have seen the media)
I suppose that in this case the loop is not activated and all medias displayed - whatever the confidentiality rule - if the group of the viewing user is equal to the group specified by the field [cb_id_groupe_acl_premium].
Let me know if you have another solution.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319452 by beat
Not sure to understand your question, as there is no question-mark in your post. Please state what you want to achieve first, then go into implementation details.

- The CB Autoactions system rule you mention requires CB Gallery, CB Auto-Actions and CB Privacy to be installed, and system rules cannot be edited, only copied.
- Do you have installed or want to install CB Privacy ?
- and then want to overrule the setting of the user on a per-item basis ? (not clear to me)

- Or you just want to allow users to see gallery items in another user's profile depending on some joomla ACL ?
- and in this case what ACL ?

As a general good practice, it is better to use Joomla's ACL normally if possible (View Access Levels) on the tab, than to implement your own ACL at usergroups levels.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 9 months ago #319457 by phcprod
- The CB Autoactions system rule you mention requires CB Gallery, CB Auto-Actions and CB Privacy to be installed, and system rules cannot be edited, only copied.
- Do you have installed or want to install CB Privacy ?
- and then want to overrule the setting of the user on a per-item basis ? (not clear to me)

-->> Yes, CB Gallery, CB Auto-Actions and CB Privacy already installed and up to date

- Or you just want to allow users to see gallery items in another user's profile depending on some joomla ACL ?
- and in this case what ACL ?

-->> I want to allow users to see gallery items in another user's profile depending on a specific joomla ACL usergroup, just like "Connections" with automatic mutual consent.
Using usergroups is possible by CB Privacy but I think that all users included in the selected usergroup have access to the protected content and I don't want that.

3 years 9 months ago #319462 by beat

phcprod wrote: ...
-->> I want to allow users to see gallery items in another user's profile depending on a specific joomla ACL usergroup, just like "Connections" with automatic mutual consent.
Using usergroups is possible by CB Privacy but I think that all users included in the selected usergroup have access to the protected content and I don't want that.

Before proposing a solution I would like to make sure that I understand right your request.

- if I understand right, the condition for a viewer to see the gallery of a viewed user is that the viewer's usergroup id has to match the (variable) usergroup id which is in a field of the viewed ? (and the viewer belongs to only one joomla usergroup ?)

- If yes, are there a few or many usergroups planed ?
- Would as alternative corresponding view access levels be also a possibility (they offer more flexibility than usergroups) ?

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 9 months ago #319480 by phcprod
- if I understand right, the condition for a viewer to see the gallery of a viewed user is that the viewer's usergroup id has to match the (variable) usergroup id which is in a field of the viewed ? (and the viewer belongs to only one joomla usergroup ?) ==>> That's it ;)

The user group of the viewer user is assigned by the content subscription module. Unfortunately CBSubs does not offer a solution for Stripe Connect (payments one to many) so this is managed by another component.
In my opinion the best solution is auto actions which create a direct relationship between the viewer and the displayed user when the subscription is paid and the user group assigned to the viewing user. ... and the reverse when the subscription has expired.
If you have a solution with auto actions it is also good and maybe better !

3 years 9 months ago #319532 by beat

phcprod wrote: Hello,
I want to modify the CB Gallery - Privacy - Authorized auto action so that my users included in a specific joomla group can have access to a member's media
The system condition is:
Field = Value
Value = [user_id]
not equal
Value = [loop_user_id]
by adding
"AND"
Field = Value
Value = [cb: usergroup user = # me /] -> (viewing user)
not equal
Value = [cb_id_groupe_acl_premium] -> (text field of the displayed user containing the group id who may have seen the media)
I suppose that in this case the loop is not activated and all medias displayed - whatever the confidentiality rule - if the group of the viewing user is equal to the group specified by the field [cb_id_groupe_acl_premium].
Let me know if you have another solution.

Ok, now that I finally understood (sorry that it wasn't fully clear to me from the initial description quoted) what you want to achieve, I would say that the approach seems correct, provided that users are assigned to a single joomla usergroup.

Make sure to unpublish the corresponding copied system auto-action and to publish your copy.

Please note that the if the condition you have is valid, then the corresponding privacy rule is applied. So the privacy rules (and default privacy rules) should be adequately set to Private in order to hide the element when your condition passes.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn