Cannot remove members from groups

3 years 7 months ago #320231 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot remove members from groups
You can create a menu item to a specific group using the below, but odd issues happen when it is the first and only menu item to GJ.

Menu Item Type: Community Builder > Plugin
Plugin: CB GroupJive
Action: Group
ID: GROUP_ID_HERE

So you could have the below menu items for example.

Menu 1
Action: All Groups

Menu 2
ID: GROUP_ID_HERE

That should work fine. If all you had was Menu 2 then it'd cause odd SEF behavior. I don't have a solution for this yet as I need to rewrite how URLs are structured in GJ, which is planned.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320239 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Cannot remove members from groups
That makes a lot of sense. For you to note, however, I never received this issue until I updated to CB 2.4.6.

Secondly, when I add menu item 1, as you mentioned, it does not change the functionality. It still does not work. The only way I can get the functionality to work is to create a Joomla menu and link directly to the URL generated by "menu 1"

So for now, even with the parent menu set to all groups, using the parameters
"Menu 2
ID: GROUP_ID_HERE"

Still has the SEF issue.

Own Your Own Community!

3 years 7 months ago #320250 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot remove members from groups
None of this was touched in the slightest in CB 2.4.6 so I don't see what this has to do specifically with CB 2.4.6. The routing issues in GJ have always existed and can't be completely fixed until I rewrite most of the URLs in GJ. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and provide instructions to confirm your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn