[SOLVED] Bulk Privacy update

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320414 by eciudad
[SOLVED] Bulk Privacy update was created by eciudad
Is there a way to bulk change all profiles and detail tab items to "Private" and have the user set to her/her access to "User" or specific "Group"?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320417 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bulk Privacy update
Yes, within CB Privacy > Rules you can expand the Batch Tools to mass-change privacy rules for the selected users. If you've a lot of privacy rules you may want to use searching to first filter it down. If users haven't set a privacy rule yet then edit your privacy settings and set the Default parameter to Private so they're private by default.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eciudad

3 years 6 months ago #320418 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic Bulk Privacy update
Thank you Kyle

3 years 6 months ago #320419 by eciudad
Kyle, I was able to set all the current profiles to private. Also, I was able to configure privacy as default. Do the users be able to use CB Connections and this if is correct would that be thru private messaging or how other users would be able to contact private users? Thank you.

3 years 6 months ago #320431 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bulk Privacy update
They can contact them using private messaging if they know their username or are already connected to them. That would be the only way as the purpose of private privacy rule is to of course make them private.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eciudad

3 years 6 months ago #320472 by eciudad
Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn