How to find type in string SHARED_A_TYPE

3 years 7 months ago #320423 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I know about language translation and string etc... I have also translated my site now to German. One problem though exists and that SHARED_A_TYPE or HAVE_A_TYPES_TO_SHARE.

The text itself is correctly translated but I cannot find the language string for [type]. The thing is in German you write Datei, Foto, Musik and [type] is written datei, foto, musik etc...

Some help here would be great...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320434 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to find type in string SHARED_A_TYPE
That's the CB Activity output for CB Gallery. The [type] is typically just a clickable modal link with the uploads title or filename. If it's not the modal link it'll fallback to whatever the type is which would be one of the following.

Photo
Video
Music
File

If there was more than one upload grouped it would be one of the following.

Photos
Videos
Music
Files

So as long as those strings are translated they should come through [type] as translated as well. You do not translate the substitutions though. Meaning [type] should be [type] in the language string no matter what the language is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320438 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to find type in string SHARED_A_TYPE
The problem is that the type is translated wrong. I need to change the translation of
Photo
Video
Music
File

into German is wrong. I need to update the translation of the fallback as the fallback is wrong.

Where can I find the "fallback" string?

Kind regards,

Tim

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #320439 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to find type in string SHARED_A_TYPE
We don't provide translations. All language plugins are community driven. If there's an error in the language string you'll need to correct it using a language override or contribute to that language project on transifex. All language overrides are done from the same place as always; the override tab of your language plugin as shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

If you need to override Photo then override it from the above page. Not every language string has a set language key. This means the language key is auto generated. The language key can also be just the language string. So for example you could override with the below.

Key: Photo
Text: PHOTO

Note that for the that activity display it will run the language string through UTF8 safe string to lower function as it's supposed to be lowercase as it's in the middle of a sentence.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320515 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I have tried the language overrides (I have known about them a long time ago...). The problem is that I cannot get to these strings at all...

Please have a look at the screenshot I have attached. The Word Files is properly translated (Translation in Orange) but the yellow ones are not properly translated and are not caught using the overrides.

Also, the whole sentence structure "===>===\Thorsten Mötje /---<=== **Geteilt *4 *dateien*** in deiner Gruppe ===\Bug reports/---* " does not make sense at all in German. It should be "===>===\Thorsten Mötje /---<=== hat *4 *Dateien*** in deiner Gruppe ===\Bug reports/--- *geteilt*"

In another component, I have found that they have found a solution to the languages needing the words in different orders. They have as string for example: [NAME] hat [NUMBER][FILETYPE] in deiner Gruppe [NAMEGROUP] erstellt". That way you can kinda play around with the different sentence arrangement (and grammar) depending on the languages.

Any idea how I can do this?

3 years 7 months ago #320516 by timstohr
OK stupid me, it is already in Transifex. I just found the option to do exactly what I described. I will simply go over transifex then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn