CB Documentation

3 years 7 months ago #320445 by a.muntean
CB Documentation was created by a.muntean
Hello!
Where can I find a CB documentation with full list of variables, conditions, values, etc.? I want to customize my autoactions, activity streams and so on, but I don't know what the values and options are...

Where can I find the full detailed documentation?

Thank you in advance,

Andrei

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320447 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Documentation
Trigger documentation can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18358-using-cb-triggers

It includes a list of triggers and their available variables. It will not describe specifically each triggers variables in detail as no such documentation exists at this time. You'd need to simply provide what you're wanting to do and we can try to suggest the best trigger for your usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320448 by a.muntean
Replied by a.muntean on topic CB Documentation
First of all, let me say that I love your reply speed and the way you help. so much better than jomsocial. :)

What I want to do is to automatically show articles with a small thumbnail of the picture and a beginning of the content (maybe with a read more link) directly on the activity stream.

I managed to do the auto-action and it shows me the title of the article and the entire content. no picture.

How can i insert the picture as well and reduce the text?

Thank you,

Andrei
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

3 years 7 months ago #320450 by krileon
That should already be automated. Ensure both CB Activity and CB Auto Actions and installed and up to date. Once done within CB Auto Actions > System Actions publish "CB Articles - Create". Note you need to also have core plugin CB Articles published as its API is used for the activity output. This should cause activity posts to be created automatically when you create a Joomla article. You can make a copy of that system action if you want to customize it further, but most of its output is entirely template driven in CB Activity. The text should be shortened as well as it should only show the text before the readmore break if there is one and it should have a "Read More" expander if the text is too long.

Another option is to simply use the Links feature in CB Activity and link to the article. The Links feature will use a pages metadata for description, title, and even image if available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320457 by a.muntean
Replied by a.muntean on topic CB Documentation
Thank you!

I don't have a system action called cb articles create. I created one myself, but i must have configured it wrongly, cause it doesn't show pictures.

Can you help me, please?

I have created an admin user for you - how can I give you the credentials to log-in so you can tell me what I#m doing wrong?

Thank you,

Andrei
Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago #320458 by krileon
It's in your screenshot at the bottom as "CB Articles - Create". You do not need to create this yourself as it's included in CB Auto Actions. Simply publish it within CB Auto Actions > System Actions. It displaying images depends on how you've created the article. If the images are directly in the article they will display fine. If they're under the "Images and Links" tab they won't display as that's custom behavior for the content component that we don't replicate in the activity (but likely will in a future release). Below is what the article activity will look like.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds