CB Documentation

3 years 7 months ago #320459 by a.muntean
Replied by a.muntean on topic CB Documentation
I#m soo stupid! How could I miss it? :))

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320460 by a.muntean
Ok. Now it's published and I unpublished my own... but it still doesn't show a picture in the activity stream and it doesn't cut the text.

See how it looks in attached screenshot.
Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago #320461 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Documentation

but it still doesn't show a picture in the activity stream

It displaying images depends on how you've created the article. If the images are directly in the article they will display fine. If they're under the "Images and Links" tab they won't display as that's custom behavior for the content component that we don't replicate in the activity (but likely will in a future release). Below is what the article activity will look like. You can see in my previous reply a screenshot where I've directly inserted an image into the article which displays fine.

and it doesn't cut the text.

It's not large enough to cut the text. You should however be cutting the text yourself in your articles using a read more break.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320462 by a.muntean
OK. Now it shows the image. Any way I can set it to show only a thumbnail of it? I am making posts about movies and I want it to show the poster.

Now it looks like the attachment.

Now i have the read-more, but: the read more only expands the post - can I make it so it opens the article?

Also: can I edit the layout? since movie posts like this with posters have portrait images (the posters), it would make sense to show the text next to the image.

Thank you,

Andrei
Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago #320464 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Documentation

Any way I can set it to show only a thumbnail of it?

All it does is render the article as you've input the article. So to limit image size you'll need to either use custom CSS or edit the article and limit it on the image in the article with inline CSS or sizing attributes. Your WYSIWYG editor should have options for that. If you want to add custom CSS you can input custom CSS in CBs built in CSS overrides functionality below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Now i have the read-more, but: the read more only expands the post - can I make it so it opens the article?

No, clicking the title opens the article. That read more built into CB Activity is just a means of preventing massive posts from pushing everything down the page.

Also: can I edit the layout? since movie posts like this with posters have portrait images (the posters), it would make sense to show the text next to the image.

Yes, the activity output is entirely template driven. You'll find the template file below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/core/display/article.php

Making changes to default template will cause your changes to be lost on update. So what you'll want to do is create a new folder in the templates folder then copy of the template you want to edit. Now set CB Activity > Parameters > Global template to be your folder. So you'd have the below for example for your custom template.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/custom/core/display/article.php

Now you can edit article.php and custom the article activity display to whatever you like. This will be improved further in CB 3.0 when we replace most template output with VueJS views and Twig template files, but for now it's mixed PHP and HTML.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320484 by a.muntean
Thank you. i am working on the custom template...

I am on lightsail joomla.

My components folder is: /opt/bitnami/apps/joomla/htdocs/components

I copied the components folder to: /opt/bitnami/apps/joomla/htdocs/templates/g5_helium/custom/components

My final folder for the customization is: /opt/bitnami/apps/joomla/htdocs/templates/g5_helium/custom/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/core/display

is that correct? from which level should i enter the path? starting with templates/g5_helium or starting wiht opt/bitnami?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds