[SOLVED] error message

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320519 by stough
[SOLVED] error message was created by stough
When I pull up the admin login page the tab reads String could not be parsed as XML - it will not allow me to go to front page I get the following screen. Please help me resolve this

NxtGen Social - The Next Generation in Social Media
The requested page can't be found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a mistyped address
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
you have no access to this page
You may wish to search the site or visit the home page.

Search this site

SearchSearch ...
Start Here
Go to the Home Page

Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

0 String could not be parsed as XML

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320521 by stough
Replied by stough on topic error message
When I logged on this morning it indicated that there was a community builder upgrade - when I tried to upgrade I got this message
String could not be parsed as XML

Please help resolve this - I am dead in the water until this is fixed!!!!!

3 years 7 months ago #320531 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic error message
Something on your site is trying to load XML that isn't XML. Was this happening before or after the CB update? If before can you recall any recent changes you made to the site?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stough

3 years 7 months ago #320536 by stough
I started having this problem about two weeks ago - I host through GoDaddy & they said that I had run out of server space & that more space would be the answer - I doubled the server size yesterday & still a problem.

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320570 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic error message
Can you recall any changes made to your site recently? As in you know of a time the site worked fine, changed something, and then doesn't? Only thing I can think of is something installed recently, but only half installed maybe. Could be a bad cache file as well. Try deleting everything except "index.html" in your /cache folder in Joomla root.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320592 by stough
I resolved the problem - I have moved ny hosting & site to Joomlapolis.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn