GJ - CB Activity notification

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #320733 by victoriakim
[#8183] GJ - CB Activity notification was created by victoriakim
Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding the system actions for CB Activity notifications. Btw, I am so happy to see these notifications are incorporated into system actions.

The following notifications are published in my site and Email notifications for all as well.
CB Activity - Comment Notification
CB Activity - Comment Chain Notification
CB Activity - Comment Reply Notification
CB Activity - Comment Reply Chain Notification

Comment Notification and Reply Notification work fine, but I have some problems with Comment Chain and Comment Reply Chain Notifications.

Please take a look at the attached screenshot:

Test-user2 didn't receive a notification (Comment Chain Notification) when test-user3 commented.

Test-user1 didn't receive a notification (Comment Reply Chain Notification) when test-user3 replied to test-user2.

Aren't they supposed to receive chain notifications on their profile pages and in the email if I published email notifications?

Thank you.

ps: I did this test in GJ CB Activity stream.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #320734 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ - CB Activity notification
Try with a profile activity stream. Those are meant to apply to profile posts and may not work in GJ streams since those have a different asset. If it works fine on profile stream will review the system actions conditions and see if the chain notifications can be applied to non-profile streams. Just depends on the information the notification needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #320754 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GJ - CB Activity notification
I did a similar test with a profile activity stream and the results are the same.

Per screenshot attached:
Test user1 didn't get the Comment Chain Notification when the test user3 commented.
Test user1 didn't get the Reply Chain Notification when the test user2 replyed.

Other notifications work fine on both profile pages and emails.
Attachments:

3 years 5 months ago #320770 by krileon
Ok, have added a bug ticket to investigate further for a later release. For now you won't be able to utilize comment chain notifications. They were working at time of implementation so unsure what broke them, but it's possible it's just a wrong parameter usage in the system action. You can make a copy of the system actions and try adjusting things in your own action to see if it's a condition for example breaking it.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8183

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #320783 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GJ - CB Activity notification
Slightly off the subject. I was trying to configure email notifications,,,, if I wrote, "USER NAME commented in group GROUP NAME", what are the substitutions for the USER NAME and GROUP NAME. The name includes first and last name. Thanks.

3 years 5 months ago #320797 by krileon
CB Activity will try to prepare a source object during the activity_onAfterCreateStreamComment trigger. It's stored in var2. If the source is a GJ group then [var2_name] is how you'd access the group name. As for username you should be able to just use normal [username] substitution.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: victoriakim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn