Auto Actions to create categories in Kunena and CB Forums join CB groups

3 years 5 months ago #320756 by eciudad
I have the below auto actions that creates groups users automatically. Unfortunately some of the registrations were done while the system was "Not Live" and after 503 users, a considerable numbers did not get introduce to their groups. Is there a way to redefined or create a new auto actions that would go to every user that it is in the group and add it?

While in the same topic, I realized after spending a weekend, reading searching, trying and looking as to why on some profiles when the menu is expanded and shows the capture of "Forums" and others not. I figure that they need to join the forum for them to show. Configuration was a struggle for me, I have a light understanding now, but a long path to go. Is there a way while creating the group, create the category in Kunena, CB forums or CB GJ Forums and join only the respective user of that group?

Is there a limitation as to the number of categories or groups?

Thank you for your time!

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #320772 by krileon

Is there a way to redefined or create a new auto actions that would go to every user that it is in the group and add it?

Yes, that's the purpose of the new Batching feature. See my below blog post for details.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18891-cb-auto-actions-8-1-0

Is there a way while creating the group, create the category in Kunena, CB forums or CB GJ Forums and join only the respective user of that group?

The GJ forum category will be, or should be, created when the GJ Group is created. Are you saying this isn't the case for your auto action usage?

Is there a limitation as to the number of categories or groups?

No, but of course the more you have the slower it gets. Would take a long time to really slow it down though as my current test is with 1 million categories and 1 million groups and the only bottleneck is the group count display on the all categories page, which slows down at that many groups. That however is a known issue planned to be fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #320774 by eciudad
"The GJ forum category will be, or should be, created when the GJ Group is created. Are you saying this isn't the case for your auto action usage?"

It creates GJ Group but not the GJ category if that is the same as the GJ forum category. I must be doing something wrong as I am trying to navigate thru this. Thank you.

3 years 5 months ago #320790 by krileon
Sorry, don't understand the issue completely. That auto action should create your CB GroupJive Group. Next CB GroupJive Forums should see a group was created and it should create a Kunena Category for that CB GroupJive Group. Do you have CB GroupJive Forums installed and configured?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #320795 by eciudad
Yes Kyle. Please see the enclosed. "That auto action should create your CB GroupJive Group. " this happening. "Next CB GroupJive Forums should see a group was created and it should create a Kunena Category for that CB GroupJive Group." this is not happening.
Attachments:

3 years 5 months ago #320801 by krileon
Do the forum categories create properly when you create a group normally through GJ frontend? Very strange that's not working since the trigger CB GroupJive Forums depends on is firing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn