Auto Actions to create categories in Kunena and CB Forums join CB groups

3 years 6 months ago #320808 by eciudad
Created one category with GJ frontend and a Kunena Forum Category was created. I did not see anywhere else. Is that what you were asking?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320814 by krileon
Yes, so creating a GJ group on frontend works fine with interacting with CB GroupJive Forums. Issue seams entirely isolated to CB Auto Actions group create behavior, but I can't see any reason for this yet. Have retested the CB GroupJive auto action type and it's creating the Kunena forums as well. So I'm not sure what to suggest. Resaving the groups that are missing their forum categories should create them.

The only issue I could find was that creating groups without a category using that auto action doesn't work, which am fixing for a new release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8187

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320815 by krileon
Ah, I think I see the issue. For some reason the Kunena forum categories are creating as unpublished when the group is created through CB Auto Actions. Will investigate further for fixing.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8188

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320816 by krileon
Ok, both issues have been fixed in latest CB Auto Actions release. Groups created through CB Auto Actions should properly have their Kunena forum categories created as well. For your existing groups missing their forums or the forum category is unpublished you should be able to fix that by re-saving the group.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 6 months ago #320822 by eciudad
"Resaving the groups that are missing their forum categories should create them."

Thank you. Will try and let you know.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn