[SOLVED] View list depending a cb field

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320947 by chanteur94
[SOLVED] View list depending a cb field was created by chanteur94
Hi

Probably easy problem, but i don't find the solution :

I create a field 'cb_plateforme' with dropdown selection. (with 3 informations : user1 user2 everybody)

I create CB_LIST named list_for_user1 list_for_user2 list_for_everybody

Now, depending the field 'cb_plateforme' i would like the user1 (cb_plateforme) can see only list_for_user1, the user2 can see only list_for_user2 and everybody can see all 3 list.

There is no CB_CONDITIONNAL for cb_list and there is no access level depending a field.

So, how can i do that ?

Thank you for your help.

Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320956 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic View list depending a cb field
There's no functionality to condition user list access like that. Without using ACL the best you could do is show an empty list based off your conditions. To accomplish this with ACL you'd need to assign a usergroup based off the selection in your field using CB Auto Actions you could then use that to determine access to your userlist. As for the auto action we've a tutorial for such use case below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/291-cb-auto-actions/tutorials/18813-change-the-usergroup-based-off-the-value-of-a-field

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320963 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic View list depending a cb field
"There's no functionality to condition user list access like that." : it would be a good idea for next version !

"To accomplish this with ACL you'd need to assign a usergroup based off the selection in your field using CB Auto Actions you could then use that to determine access to your userlist. As for the auto action we've a tutorial for such use case below. " : I will try !!

Thank you.

3 years 6 months ago #320965 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic View list depending a cb field
I've found another way to resolve my problem without creating a cb_field that I share with you :

With Joomla ACL : I create 3 groups and 3 access level with registered access (registered1, registered2, registered3)

CB LIST : I create 3 cb_list with 1 list with results for registered 1 , 1 list with results for registered 2, 1 list with results for registered 3 (all with level access : registered)

In my MENU, I have 3 items for LIST1 with level access registered1, LIST2 with level access registered2 and LIST3 with level access registered3

Then, every user have is own access level (registered 1 2 or 3)

In this way, user with level access 2, can only see MENU LIST2 and so access to LIST2

Hope one day I can do this with CB_Conditionnal :-)

Frank
I

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn