Stripe auto renewals keeps going out of sync

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320976 by fede312
A lot of my Stripe subscriptions go out of sync. I have been having this problem for over a year, and I was never able to resolve. I have the grace period setup for 10 days. Every month the subscriber's credit card gets charged, and the subscription shows as expired in the paid subscription component. This results in the members having paid for 3 or 4 months and having only 1 month of material, and it usually ends with the member complaining and canceling the subscription. It has happened with every version of the component, and every version of Joomla, It does not happen with PayPal though.

When it goes out of sync the subscription shows the status as 'expired.' The auto-renew as 'manual' instead of 'mandatory,' and the Autorecurring type as 'Not Autorecurring,' instead of 'Autorecurring with Notifications.'

Please Advice. Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320977 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe goes out of sync
Please ensure CB Paid Subscriptions and CBSubs Stripe are up to date. Once done navigate to Stripe > Dashboard > Developers and update to the latest API. This will ensure you're absolutely using the latest implementation.

Now navigate to Stripe > Dashboard > Developer > Webhooks. Be absolutely sure you have configured webhooks correctly. If you have not they will not reach your server and CBSubs will not be notified a payment was made. This is likely the culprit of your issue.

You can also check within Stripe > Dashboard > Developer > Events and Stripe > Dashboard > Developer > Log for failed communications between your site and Stripe. I've retested several durations (days, weeks, and months) in CBSubs Stripe with them all working fine. So this is likely a communication issue between Stripe and your server.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn