Gallery auto actions

3 years 6 months ago #320994 by phcprod
Gallery auto actions was created by phcprod
How to modify the privacy auto actions for galleries to display a unique media (for example a png file with an inscription "this content is private" saved in the directory "www / images / ...") each time a media (photo or video) is not visible to the viewer user instead of "skipping" the media ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #321000 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery auto actions
There's no functionality for display overrides of content other than Fields or entire Tabs. You won't be able to have a display override for media like that. It maybe something available in the future, but typically it's bad UX to show something they can't access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321062 by phcprod
Replied by phcprod on topic Gallery auto actions
Bad news !
I have an author who has 24 media including 3 public and 21 accessible by subscription, some visitors refuse to subscribe to his profile because they think he has only 3 media published ... and they do not see that he there are 21 other media to which he could subscribe.
Many sites offering subscription media replace copyrighted media with a single post or png.
I'm disappointed that gallery auto actions don't allow this.

3 years 5 months ago #321069 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery auto actions
That is simply outside the scope of what CB Gallery is designed to provide. It's not possible for CB Privacy to override CB Gallery media display like that. It maybe something supported in a future release, but for now it's just not possible and would require a significant rewrite to template files as well as their trigger behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds