Invited users not updated upon registration/confirmation

3 years 5 months ago #321035 by kdave321
I had an idea that it would be helpful to show an invited user's full name instead of email in the table of My Invites after the invited user had registered & confirmed.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the code in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbinvites/templates/default/tab.php would do this already if the User field in table #_comprofiler_plugin_invites was set correctly, but in my case, this field is 0 or NULL regardless.

I imagine there could be an auto-action that does this, but could not find it in the System auto-actions. Was this added or fixed recently? Perhaps I missed it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #321042 by krileon
The user column should populate when the invite is accepted. Is this not happening for you? Are you sure the invite was actually accepted? If it's accepted you should see it marked as such. Note if you are not using the Invite Code field during registration then it can't accept the invite unless the user uses the invited email address during registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321047 by kdave321
Ah, so it depends upon the invite code. Yes, I require the invite code. Initially we were displaying the invite code input field and I noticed it was not getting pre-filled by the URL so I wrote an auto action to do that. But even then, it still did not update the User field in the invites table.

Then the site owner decided they did not want to see the field - it shouldn't be editted by the person registering any way, and I turned off displaying in registration. ( I suppose I was hoping it would be a hidden input field then ). I see jQuery has the cb_invite_code value...

I don't think I have tested trying to register with an invited email address but without an invitation code.

3 years 5 months ago #321054 by krileon
Have added a feature ticket to improve this further by keeping track of the pending invite in the users session data. This should allow proper acceptance without the need of the invite code field.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8214

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321057 by kdave321
OK, thanks.

Yes, plenty of invited users have registered, confimed, and been approved.

After re-enabling display of invite_code on registration, I sent a new invite, the invite registered with the correct invite_code, the invite_code shows up in the new user's info, he's confirmed the email and been approved - but the User is not updated in the invite table.

I see a system auto action triggered on confirmed/approved. If I made my own, I guess I would update the invite table based on the invite code.

Not sure when this changed but the invite email uses the URL
[host]/index.php/registration?invite_code=[code]
which does not work for me. I have to use
[host]/index.php/personal/registers?invite_code=[code]

3 years 5 months ago #321066 by krileon
Something is interrupting the registration process more than likely. If the email address matches it will accept the invite. This assumes you aren't doing something like redirecting away during onAfterUserRegistration trigger, which custom redirects should be done on onAfterSaveUserRegistration and not on onAfterUserRegistration.

I've retested this entire process as working fine. Invites should be accepted immediately at registration as they do not need to wait for confirmation or approval. See the below example where invite worked fine and was accepted using email address.

As for the URL it will use the first available Joomla menu item to your CB registration page so if it's wrong then you've a menu item that probably shouldn't exist. Base off what you've provided it has a menu alias of "registration".

I see a system auto action triggered on confirmed/approved. If I made my own, I guess I would update the invite table based on the invite code.

There's nothing to workaround here. You need to figure out why your site is breaking CB Invites. This isn't a matter of the functionality not existing as it does exist and is tested working. It's a matter of something breaking that functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn