Tabs Changed Upon Setting System - Language Filter Publish

3 years 4 months ago #321211 by eciudad
I Got this before and do not know why is happening nor how to correct it.

While publishing the System - Language Filter the tabs titles began changing.getting labels like: "PROFILE_ACTIVITY_FILTER_CONN - PROFILE_ACTIVITY_FILTER_GALLERIES - PROFILE_ACTIVITY_FILTER_GROUPS - PROFILE_ACTIVITY_FILTER_FOLLOWING "and "PROFILE_TAB_ABOUT" , "PROFILE_DETAILS, "PROFILE_DETAILS_EMAIL" , "PROFILE_TAB_ACCOUNT" , "PROFILE_TAB_DETAILS", "PROFILE_FIELD_BACKGROUND" , "PROFILE_TAB_NOTIFICATIONS", among others.and when I unpublished System - Language Filter, and refreshed page, I got "404 Category not found"

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321220 by krileon
Looks like you installed CB Quickstart then promptly uninstalled it or unpublished it. CB Quickstart makes sure all of its default language strings get loaded in. Re-install CB Quickstart if you uninstalled it otherwise if it's unpublished be sure to republish it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321226 by eciudad
Thank you Kyle. Will review and advise.

3 years 4 months ago #321230 by eciudad
I Reinstalled and republished CB Quickstart and I got the same results.
"Looks like you installed CB Quickstart then promptly uninstalled it or unpublished it. CB Quickstart makes sure all of its default language strings get loaded in. Re-install CB Quickstart if you uninstalled it otherwise if it's unpublished be sure to republish it."

I did something else and I got mixed results:

I went back to "System - Language Filter" and change it from "Browser Settings" to "Site Language" , when I login back sometimes works and other times not.

I am using CB Google Translate as well.

I am doing more testing. The Front End Language selector does not appear anymore. Can the CB Google Translate and the System - Language Filter be published at the same time?

Attachments:

3 years 4 months ago #321233 by krileon
Joomlas language filter does not directly impact CB. It indirectly does so by telling Joomla what language to load, which will then tell CB what language to load. However it shouldn't matter here since CB always loads default language strings then loads other language strings over the top of defaults to ensure a language string can't be missing. I've no idea what you've changed in your install to break this. Please be sure CB Quick start is installed, public access, and published or its language strings will not load.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321243 by eciudad
"I've no idea what you've changed in your install to break this."
I do not think I have changed nothing on the install"
"Please be sure CB Quick start is installed, public access, and published or its language strings will not load."
It has and always was, but to make sure after I read your note I reinstall"

Why I asked the question about the CB Google Translate? Because it is published as well and that is how the member select the language at login, but it creates lagging and the goal is to move to language content.

"Joomlas language filter does not directly impact CB. It indirectly does so by telling Joomla what language to load, which will then tell CB what language to load"

Originally, the front language selector was on but I do not see it on the profile and I made sure it is not hidden on the params field.

Again, when I switched from "Browser Settings" to "Site Language" at the "System - Language Filter" and log back in the issue disappear. At this time, I have "System - Language Filter" unpublished and using CB Google Translate, but eventually I would like to move away from it.

Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn