Tabs Changed Upon Setting System - Language Filter Publish

3 years 5 months ago #321294 by eciudad
Kyle,

I just review Joomlapolis demo: demo.cbdemosites.com/

The Front Language does not show on the profiles either and it is not hidden under the params field. I know it used to show, but it looks that my installation and the demo site are indicating the same about that.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #321306 by krileon
That's because it's not turned on on our demo site. Our demo site only has 1 language available, which is English so that functionality is hidden as it has no purpose. The "Fontend Language" field is a part of the "params" field in CB > Field Management. Check to see if "Fontend Language" is selected in "Hide Parameters" of that field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321331 by eciudad
Thank you Kyle.

The Frontend Language is not hidden on my installation. That is one of the first things I checked. Will continue testing and let's see what I find.

3 years 5 months ago #321340 by krileon
Ensure the "params" field is set to display on profile edit, published, and also on a tab that's published and accessible to the user. That field is entirely responsible for outputting the Frontend Language parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321369 by eciudad
Thank you Kyle.

"is set to display on profile edit, published, and also on a tab that's published and accessible to the user"

All looks ok per the above. The only selection highlighted on the params field is the backend language but nothing else from the field show on registration nor edit. I will continue to test.

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #321392 by eciudad
"Suggest leaving it as "Site Language" then using the "Language Switcher" module to let users switch languages."

I did this and developed Menus for each of the below languages and tested them one by one with the "Language Switcher" :

English: Ok for GB NZ AU, and issues shown as stated earlier for US, CA
Spanish: light issues shown as stated earlier for Spain and no translation for CO
French: light issues shown as stated earlier CA and FR
Italian: light issues shown as stated earlier instead of translated language
Chinese: light issues shown as stated earlier plus English
Chinese Simplified: light issues shown as stated earlier plus English instead of translated language
Hindi: light issues shown as stated earlier plus English instead of translated language
German: light issues shown as stated earlier plus English for LI, LU, DE, CH and AT
Russian: light issues shown as stated earlier plus English instead of translated language
Arabic: light issues shown as stated earlier plus English instead of translated language
Portuguese: light issues shown as stated earlier plus English for BR and PO
Swahili: light issues shown as stated earlier plus English instead of translated language
Ukrainian: light issues shown as stated earlier plus English instead of translated language
Hebrew: light issues shown as stated earlier plus English instead of translated language

The params field still is not appearing with any of it choices and they are hidden.

The language that was displayed the results on my original message was a "English US".

Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn