Password link on forgotten password instead of plain text

3 years 5 months ago #321415 by earthwatch
Hi,

We are new to using Community Builder and progressing well with our new site, so thank you for the great software.
We do however have an issue with the forgot my password functionality as it sends a plain text password. We are a charity that has high security requirements that require us to use secure link password reset. I can see there is a feature proposal for this forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5680 and it is targeted for December 31st CB 2.5. Could I please check to see if this feature is still on track?

We are hoping to release our new platform in January 2021 and would ideally love to use the features of CB as much as possible, and ideally don't want to attempt some workarounds, unless you know of a temporary solution that may work for us.

Many thanks,

Kevin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #321419 by krileon
It is highly unlikely password reset functionality will be rewritten by then. We don't plan to do any major changes like that until we've Symfony components implement to reduce our code development overhead. We'll be starting implementation of Symfony components late December or early January at its earliest. So unlikely to see that feature until probably second quarter of next year.

CB 2.5 primary focus is to be Joomla 4 compatible.

As a temporary solution navigate to Extensions > Plugins and edit "Community Builder System plugin" then set "Redirect URLs" and "Rewrite URLs" to "Disable". You can then use Joomlas password reset form, but please be sure you have turned off Joomla registration otherwise users could bypass CBs registration process by using Joomlas.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: earthwatch

3 years 5 months ago #321439 by earthwatch
Thank you very much for your response and suggestions Krileon, I will look into the Joomla password reset form.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn