Problem with the formatting on CB Activity

3 years 5 months ago #321452 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I have again problems with the formatting. I have an older person in my team that uses a lot of spaces etc... for formatting. As he is not the only old person who is using the site, I need to get the formatting on Activity (and possibly comments as well) working.

Here is the one he "formatted":

Here is what it came out as:

I know it does not make too much sense but unfortunately, the users tend to behave like the guy did...
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #321453 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with the formatting on CB Activity
CB Activity is not designed for what you're using it for so yes you'll have format issues. It is not meant for people to put massive paragraphs of data. The below will be reformatted.

Line

Breaks
To:
Line

Breaks

Prefixed Spaces
To:
Prefixed Spaces

This no turning this off or changing it. This is hardcoded in behavior. There are no plans to change this. In the future markup will be allowed. If you want to allow specific formatting you should enable BBCode in CB Activity so they can use BBCode to format things nicer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn