[#8241] Problem with comments on Groupjive activity

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #321460 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I am having problems with the text of notifications on the groupjive activity (I cannot correct it in the language override because it is hardcoded).

Here an example of an actual notification:

Robert Rohlfs  commented on post shared photo grafik.png in your group Bug reports 8 days ago.

The red marked stuff comes directly from Groupjive and replaces [title] in the language string. Would it be possible to have another output in case of a comment being made on GJ Gallery? eg "commented on the photo grafik.png in your group Bug reports"

Would be great to have this addition as it would make the notification system not seem like an 8 year old designed the grammar behind it ( I mean the notifications are great but the above language does not quite work).

Thanks,

Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321465 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with comments on Groupjive activity
That's not displaying correctly. It should be outputting as follows.

commented on [type] [title] in your group [group]

So for example it'd be the following.

commented on photo grafik.png in your group Bug

Looks like there's a bug with one of the comment notification logging system actions. The asset is wrong. The Activity, Comment, and Notification entry should all have an Asset of "groupjive.group.GROUP_ID.gallery.photos.PHOTO_ID". It looks like the notification is logging with "activity.ACTIVITY_ID", which is not correct and is why you're getting the odd notification title.

Have added a bug ticket to investigate further as it's probably an issue in one of GJs notification system actions.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8241

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321467 by krileon
Ok, looks like this will require fixes in CB Auto Actions, CB Gallery, and CB GroupJive. I should have builds for all 3 out sometime today.

Unfortunately this was just a problem caused by the poorly designed Asset storage behavior. When I developed and implemented that it was designed to be more strict, but became more loosely used to path to things. It was at least better than the old type, subtype, parent storage. This will be rewritten in a later release to a more standardized approach by following actual stream schema.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321473 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Problem with comments on Groupjive activity
Amazing, thank you!

3 years 4 months ago #321475 by krileon
Ok, new CB Gallery, CB GroupJive, and CB Auto Actions builds have been released to make gallery asset behavior more reliable inside of groups. Note this will not fix your existing broken notifications if their asset is wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 4 months ago #321500 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Problem with comments on Groupjive activity
Hi kyle,
I am still getting the wrong notifications out. I am guessing that the problem is that the users can upload images directly to the stream of the wall and it produces the wrong asset for notifications.

I have tested it and it does indeed produce the right notifications when a person uploads somethhing on the cb gallery but produces the wrong one when someone uploads it on the stream inside the group (nowadays normal behaviour due to how things are handled in other social networks... users are used to upload pictures into the stream inside groups).

Any possibility to change it so that it still produces notifications with the right output? It only needs to cross-check the asset of the parent activity.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn