[#8241] Problem with comments on Groupjive activity

3 years 4 months ago #321504 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with comments on Groupjive activity
That's working as expected. An upload directly during a post is not like an upload to CB Gallery directly. It's uploading an attachment to a standard post which means the post is going to have a normal activity asset. There isn't a way to improve that notification title yet since it's a compounded title. Will see if it can be improved further, but can't be certain it will be possible at this time until this is all redesigned in a later release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321509 by krileon
Have added to feature tickets as believe I should be able to improve this somewhat.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8249
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8250

The issue is the notification isn't about a comment on a CB Gallery entry. You're commenting on a standard post. This is why you get the asset of activity.ACTIVITY_ID.comment and is perfectly normal and as expected. It then calls further APIs to parse out the title of the activity post that was commented on and that is where I should be able to make some further improvements to the wording.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321518 by krileon
Ok, was able to implement a generic notification case for CB Gallery. It will display as follows.

OLD:
USER_NAME commented on your post shared photo PHOTO_NAME in group GROUP_NAME
NEW:
USER_NAME commented on your post about photo PHOTO_NAME in group GROUP_NAME

This is a separate language key as well allowing customization of that specific scenario. Does the language of that make more sense to you?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 4 months ago #321519 by krileon
This should now be available in latest build releases. Unfortunately there's not much more room for improvement right now. Once streams and storage behavior for activity, notifications, etc.. has been redesigned it will be significantly easier to appropriately title everything. I don't have a time frame for those redesigns though as we need to push forward with implementing Symfony components so all of CB can be improved.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 4 months ago #321521 by timstohr
Yep that sounds very good. Once it is a separate language I can do a lot more with it. The problem was that it was one language string that was made to fit different cases. That way I can simply change it to fit in German. Will test it tomorrow.

3 years 4 months ago #321527 by krileon
The following language strings should now be available.

Key: ABOUT_TYPE_TITLE_IN_ALBUM
Text:
about [type] [title] in album [album]

Key: ABOUT_TYPE_TITLE
Text:
about [type] [title]

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn