Can we open bits and pieces - and keep the rest private?

3 years 4 months ago #321495 by SKWebb
Hello dear team!

We are an artist association in Sweden and are using joomlapolis as a forum for members. As it is now we are closed for other people to see to make it a community for members only.

Since we also have a section on our website that is called "Art Gallery" where members can show their art I started to wonder if it's possible to have that section from the forum open? If we could have it all closed for visitors except for Gallery, About me, and Contact that would be public pages...? In that way our artists could show their art and be contacted by who ever visit - but all the other things on the forum would stil be private and only open for our members?

I sure hope you'll understand my Swedish way of asking here..? :) Pls ask if not!

Kind regards
Eva

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321515 by krileon
Is the art gallery just CB Gallery? Sorry, it's unclear what products you're using or hoping to use for this. You could certainly use CB Gallery to have a public gallery though. You mention "forum" a lot, but CB isn't a forum nor do we provide forums beyond an integration with Kunena.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321581 by SKWebb
Sorry for late reply! And sorry for my "Swenglish" - I'll try to explain it better.

We are an artist association and we are using the community (call it "forum" in our association) for our members.
You need to be a member to have access to the community.
Each member has a CG Gallery and now I wonder if just that can be public, even if the rest of the sections of the community is private for members only?

3 years 4 months ago #321586 by krileon
You can make profiles themselves public accessible, but then limit access to parts of the profile if that's what you mean. You can use access permissions on the tabs themselves in CB > Tab Management or you can use CB Privacy to apply privacy rules (either optionally or by force) to tabs/fields.

If using CB Privacy simply edit your tabs/fields then under Integrations > CB Privacy set "Display" to "User can control privacy" if you want to allow users to control their own privacy or to "Forced privacy control" then adjust "Default" below to the privacy you want to force.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321601 by SKWebb
Thank you - I will give it a try! :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn