Plural STRING in comments notification

3 years 4 months ago #321550 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Plural STRING in comments notification
OK thats fine, I understand. I had initially thought along the line of IF you are using NAMES_TWO or NAMES_MORE_THAN_TWO then use Plurality aware string (eg: PLURAL_COMMENT). I understand though that you do not want to put in more constants and more strings.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321552 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plural STRING in comments notification
There's not a way to do that at this time. The activity title parsing is independent from the activity name parsing. The titles aren't aware the names are plural so there's not a way for it to condition like that. In the future I hope to redesign it to be just 1 full language key per scenario to solve issues with different language structures. So in the future you might have something like the below.

[name_1] and [name_2] commented on photo [title] in album [album]

That would be the entire language string, which CB Gallery would then be aware of CB GroupJive activity and in groups would be the following.

[name_1] and [name_2] commented on photo [title] in album [album] in [group]

This too would be the entire language string. This would mean regardless of language you've full control of the full string. I don't really have a timeframe for this though as A LOT of rewriting in core CB needs to happen first before I can then start rewriting this, but I am aware of the problem at least and do have plans to address this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn