Changing people's subscribed Plan

3 years 4 months ago #321599 by crayfishuk
Changing people's subscribed Plan was created by crayfishuk
We have had a number of plan changes in the past and want to simplify our Plans.

What is the process for moving subscribers from one plan to another?

Can't find any reference to it anywhere... Any pointers to info would be helpful!

-Craig

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321606 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing people's subscribed Plan
Are your subscriptions recurring? For recurring your only option is to cancel the subscriptions, disable renewals for that plan, and they'll have to resubscribe into the new plan. If they're not recurring you should be able to just use CBSubs Import to move them from 1 plan to another or directly the subscription database rows if you don't care about having a record of them moving from 1 plan to another.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321622 by crayfishuk
Replied by crayfishuk on topic Changing people's subscribed Plan
Hi - thanks for replying.

Ahhh. I've been digging into this a bit further. We have a number of people on plans that have been 'recurring' a number of times.

Although we have set 'Allow new subscriptions' to No, and unpublished the plan, prevented any upgrade to the plan, there are still people renewing it...

How do I prevent people renewing the plan and forcing them to select the new 'current' plan (which is set up to be upgradeable to from all the old ones)...

-Craig

3 years 4 months ago #321623 by crayfishuk
Replied by crayfishuk on topic Changing people's subscribed Plan
I think I've found the setting:

Plan > Pricing > Renewable in advance: set to 'Non-renewable'.

Will the expiry of this plan then allow upgrade to the new current plan (we have the old plan and 'expired' or 'active' as criteria for the workflow)

-Craig

3 years 4 months ago #321642 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing people's subscribed Plan

How do I prevent people renewing the plan and forcing them to select the new 'current' plan (which is set up to be upgradeable to from all the old ones)...

Cancel their subscriptions at the payment gateway. How you do that will depend on the payment gateway you're using. If using Stripe for example you'd go to Stripe > Customers > Subscriptions click the subscription and under its menu click Cancel subscription. This will prevent them from renewing.

Will the expiry of this plan then allow upgrade to the new current plan (we have the old plan and 'expired' or 'active' as criteria for the workflow)

That might work to end the subscription at CBSubs, but depending on the gateway may not cancel the subscription at the gateway since not all gateways have API to do this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn