Add a CC to the registration email

3 years 4 months ago #321617 by micheleq
Add a CC to the registration email was created by micheleq
Hi,
I would like to send the registration email (from the configuration > registration) with a CC so that I can better track them. Is there a way to do that?
I have been doing in in CBSubs for each plan, but the registration email doesn't seem to have a place to add a CC.

Thank you,
Tomás

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #321639 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add a CC to the registration email
There's no parameter for setting CC there. I'm not sure why you'd want to CC the pending or welcome email to be honest as they're tailored to the user and not meant to be sent to moderators. You should already be getting new user registration emails that are more tailored to moderators. You can also use CB Auto Actions and an Email action on the onAfterSaveUserRegistration trigger to send custom emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321662 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Add a CC to the registration email
Thank you Kyle,

In our particular use, all new members are approved by the site owner, with many subscribers being rejected.

In our registration confirmation email, which sends out the email confirmation link, we've added a couple of questions for new subscribers to answer. Most people answer right away, but 2 other things happen, 1- they don't answer, even after receiving the email and clicking on the verification link, and 2- they never get the email because of their spam blockers, etc. (for some reason this happens a lot with German ISP emails).

As the site owner has to follow up on these cases, the easiest option is to forward the email with the confirmation link and ask them to answer. Unfortunately, for those who's email got blocked by their ISP, it will get blocked again if I use the "Resend Confirmation".

The Auto Actions are a solution if I can include a confirmation link, otherwise I could customize the emails to the moderator to include the custom text and email confirmation, if that's possible.

Tomás

3 years 4 months ago #321670 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add a CC to the registration email
CB Auto Actions won't be able to email the confirmation link unless you manually construct it. You should be able to do this using the below.

[cb:config param="live_site" /]/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=confirm&confirmcode=[cbactivation]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn