Save, Export, Send or Print Profile Fields

3 years 3 months ago #321930 by Spiralmind
Save, Export, Send or Print Profile Fields was created by Spiralmind
Hello, I know this has been asked somewhere but I could not find an answer. Basically, we use the registration form to create a series of custom fields that we would like to save somehow. Ideally printing the tabs would be the best way but that turned up to be not possible directly from the extension. Or is it?

What about some way to create a page with the fields I want inside a Joomla article to print from there?

Or a way to send an email from CB to the admin with all the fields from the tabs I want?

Really any way is fine as long as the fields in the tabs I want can be somehow saved to a document. Either directly or via some other method.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #321956 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Save, Export, Send or Print Profile Fields

What about some way to create a page with the fields I want inside a Joomla article to print from there?

You could use CB Content Bot and just substitute fields into the article if you wanted. See the below substitution tutorial for substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Or a way to send an email from CB to the admin with all the fields from the tabs I want?

You could send a custom email using CB Auto Actions. Example as follows.

Global
Triggers: None
Type: Email
User: Specific
Specific User: [get_user]
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Field: Moderators
User: Viewing User
Operator: Is
Action
To: [cb:userdata field="email" user="#me" /]
Subject: EMAIL_SUBJECT_HERE
Body: EMAIL_BODY_HERE

That should send an email to the moderator that accesses the auto actions URL based off the user id set in the URL. Below is how the URL should be structured.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=ACTION_ID_HERE&user=USER_ID_HERE

You could use this in a Custom HTML field to have a button that sends an email to you of the users information for example.

Really any way is fine as long as the fields in the tabs I want can be somehow saved to a document. Either directly or via some other method.

Best method will always be to just make print CSS. This is done using a print media syntax. Example as follows.

@media print {
    /* any CSS here will only apply when printing the page */
}

This allows you to strip down the profile page to be print friendly. From there you can actually print the page or save as PDF. This can also work great with a userlist so you can have a userlist that's print friendly.

In short you've several options and there's even more than this (e.g. just using Export feature in CB > User Management). Entirely up to you which best fits your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #321958 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Save, Export, Send or Print Profile Fields
Hello, great news! I'll test this later and get back to you if I have questions.

Cheers

3 years 1 month ago #322967 by Spiralmind

You could send a custom email using CB Auto Actions. Example as follows.

Global
Triggers: None
Type: Email
User: Specific
Specific User: [get_user]
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Field: Moderators
User: Viewing User
Operator: Is
Action
To: [cb:userdata field="email" user="#me" /]
Subject: EMAIL_SUBJECT_HERE
Body: EMAIL_BODY_HERE

That should send an email to the moderator that accesses the auto actions URL based off the user id set in the URL. Below is how the URL should be structured.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=ACTION_ID_HERE&user=USER_ID_HERE

You could use this in a Custom HTML field to have a button that sends an email to you of the users information for example.

Hello, this seems like the best method for my purpose. I have a few questions.

1. [get_user] does not need to be changed?
2. To: [cb:userdata field="email" user="#me" /] do I need to modify this with?
3. Each page must have a unique button added with a user ID entered in this code? It can't be universal and detect the user's page I'm on?
4. How do I input the tab data? Does it do this automatically or should I add the placeholders in the email body? If so can I add the tab placeholder for all fields each tab?

I'm surprised the extension has no way to do this with all the power it has.

Thank you

3 years 1 month ago #322998 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Save, Export, Send or Print Profile Fields

1. [get_user] does not need to be changed?

You probably don't need [get_user] usage at all. The below should work.

User: Automatic

Next in your URL just add the user id as &users=USER_ID_HERE. Direct access to an auto action should pick that up.

2. To: [cb:userdata field="email" user="#me" /] do I need to modify this with?

You don't need to change it. As explained in my previous reply it'll email whomever accessed the URL.

3. Each page must have a unique button added with a user ID entered in this code? It can't be universal and detect the user's page I'm on?

You should be able to just add the button to a Custom HTML field and display it on the users profile. That would support substituting in the user id automatically. Example as follows.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=ACTION_ID_HERE&users=[user_id]

4. How do I input the tab data? Does it do this automatically or should I add the placeholders in the email body? If so can I add the tab placeholder for all fields each tab?

You use substitutions. See the below on how to use substitutions.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

If you want their username for example you can just use [username].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323015 by Spiralmind
Hello, I am not sure where to put "Next in your URL just add the user id as &users=USER_ID_HERE. Direct access to an auto action should pick that up." It emails me my tab no matter who's profile I'm on. So I need to add this somewhere. Can you tell me how to do this?

My URL:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=98&user=USER_ID_HERE

A few things I am still hoping to fix.

1. It opens a new page that's blank when I click the link. Is there a way to keep it on that page?

2. Can the formatting of the email be changed at all while using this single tab method as the replacement? It looks pretty good but I want to bold the field titles so they are easier to distinguish from the answers. I'd rather not have to add each one individually if that would even help.

Thanks for all your help! Once again this system does incredible things.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn