[SOLVED] [#8341] Conflict between CB Google Translate and CB Activity (notifications & messages)

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #322290 by Compix83
Hi krileon.

Please note that browsing from a smartphone, when CB Google Translate is activated, profile notifications and messages are not visible. In fact, a white rectangle appears in their place.

I also take this opportunity to ask you for information: when I go to CB > Plugin Management > CB Activity > Activity (or Comments etc.) I see all the activities (or comments) of users. Is there a way to "clean" this information without actually deleting the activities and comments in question on the frontend?

Thanks,
Vincenzo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322303 by krileon

Please note that browsing from a smartphone, when CB Google Translate is activated, profile notifications and messages are not visible. In fact, a white rectangle appears in their place.

We've no control over what Google Translate does. We simply call their JS to render the translate selector. My guess is Google is trying to translate the icons for whatever reason.

Is there a way to "clean" this information without actually deleting the activities and comments in question on the frontend?

No idea what you mean by this. Backend is for management purposes so it of course displays all activity and comment database rows.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Compix83

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #322382 by Compix83
Hi Krileon, I have solved.

In practice, Google Translate changes the top position of the notification panel.

I solved it by entering this string in my CSS:

div.qtip.cb_template.cb_template_default.streamModalContainer.notificationsModalContainer.popover.qtip-modal.qtip-pos-c.qtip-fixed.qtip-focus{top:[DIFFERENT px !important}

One question: if I wanted to collaborate for the Italian translation of Community Builder and its plugins, how could I do it?

Thanks, Vincenzo

3 years 2 months ago #322383 by Compix83
Krileon, "solved" is a big word. In reality with the above method notifications are seen only if opened in certain points of the template.

If this remains the case, I will be forced not to use Google Translate.

3 years 2 months ago #322385 by Compix83
Krileon (I know you will answer me on Monday, but in the meantime I will inform you), you can see in the screenshot what Google reports when I open notifications from mobile.

I hope this problem can be solved, because I don't like the idea of having to give up a multilingual site for a problem of this kind.
Attachments:

3 years 2 months ago #322388 by Compix83
Krileon, I just found that the problem only occurs with screens with a maximum width of 575 px. From 576 px and up, notifications and messages are seen regularly.

I don't think it's a coincidence, because 575.98 is exactly the maximum size set in the bootstrap to hide the tabs in the navbar.

I hope this information that I am giving you can be useful in solving the problem.

Thanks,
Vincenzo

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 4.883 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn