[SOLVED] CB Gallery with videos of all users (who have set access to Public)

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #322681 by LukyPunco
Hi there,

I can display the gallery with videos on the profile page of the user, where only his videos are displayed, that's OK too.

But I would like to show a page with videos of all users, of course as long as they have set access to public. But I haven't managed that so far, only the videos of the user who is currently accessing the page are shown.

I tried it like this:

1.) I created my own menu item "Videos" with menu entry type "Plugin", then I selected the CB Gallery as a plugin.

2.) I have deactivated photos and files in the plugin settings so that only videos are displayed - that works.

But the problem is that even if one user sets his video to "Public", another user cannot see the video in the gallery.
Mehr zu diesem AusgangstextFür weitere Übersetzungsinformationen ist ein Ausgangstext erforderlich
Feedback geben
Seitenleisten

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #322695 by krileon
What a gallery displays is entirely based off the Asset of the gallery. If you want a gallery to display every profile video you'd need to create a Joomla menu item to CB Gallery using Community Builder > Plugin menu type, a CB Gallery module, or a Gallery field then set Asset to "profile.%" the "%" acts as a wildcard for it to output all profile galleries since a profile gallery uses an asset of "profile.USER_ID". Next disable all media types except videos for that gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322712 by LukyPunco
Super, thank you! Problem solved!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn