[SOLVED] [GROUPJIVE] Access the Gallery tab by user group

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323136 by Julien04
Hello,

Could we configure access by user group of the gallery tab present in the groups?

or

How can we turn it off?

or

How to deactivate the downloading of media while leaving the possibility to share a url link?

Thanks in advance !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #323146 by krileon

Could we configure access by user group of the gallery tab present in the groups?

CB Gallery is output in CB GroupJive using the "CB Groupjive - Gallery" system action in CB Auto Actions > System Actions. You can make a copy of it and make whatever changes you like (e.g. adjusting Access to restrict access by usergroup).

How can we turn it off?

Yes, unpublish "CB Groupjive - Gallery" within CB Auto Actions > System Actions.

How to deactivate the downloading of media while leaving the possibility to share a url link?

You can disable the download button globally within CB Gallery parameters, but you'll never be able to stop someone from just right clicking an image and saving it. There's no URL sharing for gallery media at this time, but is planned in a future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

3 years 2 months ago #323184 by Julien04
Thanks !

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323313 by Julien04
Hello I will come back to you for a clarification please.

I understood the configuration system by CB Auto Action by duplicating the actions.

But I can't control these displays in groups:

Tab Activity
Tab Gallery
Follow

When I am connected in Admin all these displays are active.

But when I am connected in members they disappear.

I looked at the corresponding system actions and their access is all set to: access to everyone

Could you help me to control their display by access member?

Thanks in advance !
Attachments:

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323321 by krileon
The system actions are already accessible by members of the group if the auto action is executed. Changing the Access parameter of a copy of the system action will check against the users ACL before GJ can give permission to access it. So if Access is set to Author for example the user must have the Author usergroup to access the auto action, which outputs a stream or gallery.

If that's not working ensure you didn't set the Access to CB Auto Actions itself in CB > Plugin Management to something they can't access otherwise the plugin won't be loaded at all. Plugin access should be set to Public in basically all usecases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

3 years 2 months ago #323326 by Julien04
Thank you for your explanation and indication!

The CB auto action plugin was in guest mode.

Everything works perfectly :-)

Have a great day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn