CB Activity Like & Comments in Category Desc?

3 years 2 months ago #323163 by Compix83
Hi Krileon.

Is it possible to make likes and comments appear in the description of a category?

I tried to insert com_content.category and com_content.category-desc in the "Include Context" of the CB Activity Plugin, but I got no results.

I would like to use the CB Activity plugin and not the CB Activity module because I want the likes and comments to be exclusive to the category in which I insert them.

Thanks, Vincenzo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #323173 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity Like & Comments in Category Desc?
That feature is using the onContentAfterDisplay Joomla event. As for where it outputs it entirely depends on the context parameters. It is not setup to provide commenting on categories so it will do nothing on views that do not contain an article object. If you want commenting on article categories you'd need to use CB Auto Actions to output a custom stream.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #323175 by Compix83
Replied by Compix83 on topic CB Activity Like & Comments in Category Desc?

krileon wrote: That feature is using the onContentAfterDisplay Joomla event. As for where it outputs it entirely depends on the context parameters. It is not setup to provide commenting on categories so it will do nothing on views that do not contain an article object. If you want commenting on article categories you'd need to use CB Auto Actions to output a custom stream.

Krileon, could you please tell me how I could use CB Auto Actions to output a custom stream?

I'm not sure I can do it myself...

3 years 2 months ago #323176 by krileon
The below should work, but is untested. Be sure to make comments on a few categories and ensure they're working as well as review how they stored in CB Activity > Comments as their asset should be "category.CATEGORY_ID".

Global
Triggers: joomla_onContentAfterDisplay
Type: CB Activity
User: Self
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1]
Operator: Equal To
Value: com_content.category
Action
Mode: Stream
Stream: Comments
Asset: category.[var2_id]

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323519 by Compix83
Replied by Compix83 on topic CB Activity Like & Comments in Category Desc?

krileon wrote: The below should work, but is untested. Be sure to make comments on a few categories and ensure they're working as well as review how they stored in CB Activity > Comments as their asset should be "category.CATEGORY_ID".

Global
Triggers: joomla_onContentAfterDisplay
Type: CB Activity
User: Self
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1]
Operator: Equal To
Value: com_content.category
Action
Mode: Stream
Stream: Comments
Asset: category.[var2_id]

Hi Krileon, sorry if I answer only now!

I just created the action by copying and pasting exactly what you wrote me here.

Should this make comments appear in one or more categories? Or do I have to do something else I haven't done?

Currently, the comments don't appear in any categories and I don't understand why.

3 years 1 month ago #323529 by krileon
Under Output set Display to "return" then see if it outputs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn