[Activity] exclude a field from the displayed results ?

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323494 by Julien04
Hello,

I am using Joomla CB> Plugin> Activity menu links to access activities using assets.

I have 2 activities.

- The first one is for personal use and strictly confidential, only the member can see it and use it, it is a newspaper.

Fields / Create: Owner only / CB privacy - Field: Private

asset: profile. [user_id] .field.32

- The second is an activity "between friends" which includes all the activities of relationships.

Fields / CB privacy - Field: Direct relations

asset: profile.%. field.97, following, likes, connections, self.following, user.connections, user.following, displayed.connections, displayed.following, displayed.likes

Confidentiality is well respected between users. Members do not see the contents of the personal field (field.32) in second activity.

But the moderators see the content displayed, me in this case :) and I don't want to.

I have tried a lot of configuration but I have only limited the use to the moderator.

So .. Is it possible to exclude one or many field of activity by configuring the asset differently or by using a filter?

Could you help me with that?

Thanks in advance !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323500 by krileon
There is no exclude functionality for CB Activity. The Recent Activity page will show all activity that is accessible to you. In this case you're likely protecting the field with CB Privacy and privacy rules do not apply to CB Moderators. An exclude feature is planned in a future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

3 years 1 month ago #323503 by Julien04
Great ! Thank you for your attention !

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323576 by Julien04
Hello !

I just saw that CB Activity has just been updated!

I come back to the possibility of excluding fields by the asset or otherwise.

Feature proposal # 6606: Implement activity exclude asset parameter

Is this the function that has been implemented :)?

Could you show me how to configure this?

Thanks in advance !

3 years 1 month ago #323579 by krileon
Asset exclude has not been implemented yet. You can monitor CB Activity progress on our forge below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-activity/issues

CB Activity project is not currently "active". Meaning I am working on a different project at the moment and will cycle back around to working on CB Activity. I am currently working on CB Privacy followed by CB Field Groups. After that will probably start the major database restructuring for CB Activity. While a project is not "active" it will still receive bug fixes. Specifically the below was fixed.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8408

I have to cycle through projects like this to allow all projects to progress. I cannot just focus on 1 project.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323583 by Julien04
Thank you for your return ! I understand the situation well and thank you for the accuracy you bring to the progress of the different projects.

I looked at the links you sent me that I put in favorites, good to follow!

And I noticed that the subject / project "exclude asset" moved up to 2017 following a similar request.

I understand that this function can then be complicated without a possible major overhaul of Cb activity?

So ... would you think that it is possible to play with a plugin like CB Conditional
CB Privacy
CB Query Field
CB Code Field

so as not to allow moderators to exclude assets from a stream on a specific wall?

while leaving them the possibility of using these streams?

Is there another possible way? Or and it is necessary to wait for the exclude asset project to be functional in version 6.0?

Thank you !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn