Issue with uploading Profile Picture, Canvas Picture from FrontEnd User

3 years 1 month ago #323555 by creativeminds
Hi CB Support team,

Im having issue at CB user unable to upload or edit pictures. The website is at www.stem.org.my

I'm currently using
Joomla 3.9.25
Community Builder 2.5.0+build.2021.02.23.21.18.54.d0260b17c
PHP 7.2.34

The problem is new user unable to upload a profile picture or canvas picture. The existing registered user also unable to edit or upload new pictures. There is no error message, any message appear if I choose "Upload a Photo". Non pop out box, anything. It will just keep the old photo.

Testing 1:
I role out Joomla admin issue as I can upload a photo from front-end user using custom made RSForm plugin

Testing 2:
Im also ruling out Joomla privilege issue as I also unable to upload using a Super User privilege group

Testing 3:
I tried both option changing Image Software in CB Edit Configuration - both GD2 and Auto, still giving me issue

I can however change my info in my profile and everything seems fine... help me!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323556 by creativeminds
Oh to add I also check the previous forum and looks like no one had this issue. I may have miss something

3 years 1 month ago #323561 by krileon
Visit profile edit then press F12 to open your browsers developer tools. Click the Console tab. Now refresh the page. Are there any JavaScript errors? They will be in red. If so provide them. Next attempt to upload a photo and again check for any JavaScript errors.

To be clear you're not able to select a file from the file browser when clicking the file input? Or you are able to and click to save your profile, but it doesn't save your upload?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323570 by creativeminds
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for the response. To be clear, if I select Upload A Picture option, nothing happens. I also cannot Select Picture from Gallary or Remove my Profile picture.

I follow your instruction and get this error message:

Refused to load the script 'gc.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com/FD126C42-EBFA-4E12-B309-BB3FDD723AC1/main.js?attr=YwrNdXverYNivgq2SmPbDhr7vLT6GAI1hLSpgTgqWmxDszoQVHuTPBa_J0cG7270Cpa_zPXlUIZt8Ayl79kg0wg56BWHBm2Lorq-YNZ1d8ecpxPlDX-dnhz2U2HCToDE' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self'". Note that 'script-src-elem' was not explicitly set, so 'script-src' is used as a fallback.

I tried other PC that do not have Kaspersky install and they do not see any error message in F12>Console you suggest...

Any other option I should check?

3 years 1 month ago #323574 by krileon

Thanks for the response. To be clear, if I select Upload A Picture option, nothing happens. I also cannot Select Picture from Gallary or Remove my Profile picture.

Ok, that means the jQuery isn't working. Switch to default Joomla protostar template, clear Joomla cache, then retry to see if the template is the culprit. Be sure CBs jQuery is enabled in CB > Configuration > Integrations (note you can disable jQuery Migrate here as well).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323594 by creativeminds
Hi Kyle,

I disable the JQuery and it works! Thank you so much for the help!

Just out of curiosity, anyway I can install a patch or plugin for this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn