API

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #326148 by matthewdavey
API was created by matthewdavey
Is it possible to push specific or all user details through api to a google spreed sheet?
So say I had a form of cb fields and when filled and when clicked save it would auto action send by api or some way to convert the form data into a spread sheet? Is this possible? I need this so the spreed sheet is updated live?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326149 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic API
You'll need to use CB Auto Actions for that. Using the Request action you can send an HTTP request to whatever URL you need to send that data to. Since you want this to happen after profile save you'd use the onAfterUserUpdate for frontend and onAfterUpdateUser for backend user edits. For custom implementations use a Code action and set Method to PHP then write whatever PHP you need.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326163 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic API
How do I send an HTTP request to whatever URL you need to send that data to.

I would like the data sent to a google drive spreed sheet
How do I render the spreed sheet in google drive?

Thanks

2 years 7 months ago #326164 by krileon
You'll need to use whatever API google provides. Below is the documentation for Google Drive API.

developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/about-sdk

Looks like it only supports OAuth authentication which you are not going to be able to do using CB Auto Actions since you'd need to handle the entire exchange and get a bearer token. So you'll probably have to use a Service Account like explained below.

developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/service-account

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #326204 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic API
You said
You'll need to use CB Auto Actions for that. Using the Request action you can send an HTTP request to whatever URL you need to send that data to. Since you want this to happen after profile save you'd use the onAfterUserUpdate for frontend and onAfterUpdateUser for backend user edits. For custom implementations use a Code action and set Method to PHP then write whatever PHP you need.

???
Can you give me detailed step by step instructions so I can make this connection please I am not a coder?
Thanks

2 years 7 months ago #326213 by krileon
If you are not a coder you are not going to be able to implement this unless you're familiar with using Google APIs as you need to use Google API endpoints to accomplish what you're wanting. This is not a simple task. Suggest contacting a contract developer to implement this for you. I've provided the links above to the relevant Google APIs you will need to use, but since you're specifically wanting to create spreadsheets it might be better to use Google sheets API below instead.

developers.google.com/sheets/api/guides/concepts

Which they provide an official PHP SDK for that could be used inside a Code action for example.

developers.google.com/sheets/api/quickstart/php

Regardless of which API you choose to use you still need the coding experience to implement this, which we cannot help you with as we do not provide custom coding assistance. CB Auto Actions suggestion above was just meant to be used as a tool to reduce that amount of coding, but you still need to be familiar with the APIs you'll be calling from CB Auto Actions.

I suggest checking the Joomla extension directory (JED) below to see if there's something out of the box ready to do what you're wanting.

extensions.joomla.org/

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: matthewdavey

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds