Importing Users with CSV and assigning a plan

2 years 7 months ago #326200 by micheleq
Hello,

I need to import about 1000 users (one time) to an existing membership site and subscribe them to an existing plan.

Currently, inputting the info manually through CB works great as they get a welcome email with username and password, though doing a thousand users manually is quite a bit.

I would like to batch import these members (I'll do plenty of testing first) so that the import will subscribe them and send out the welcome email with password. Is this possible?

Is the email that goes out after creating a member in CB back end different if the user is subscribed to a plan or not? I'm asking this, thinking that if it is not possible to subscribe to a plan in the CSV import process, I could modify it temporarily to indicate subscription, and then run a query to subscribe them?

If I run a separate query to subscribe these new members (I don't see batch tools to mass subscribe to a plan), what would that look like? Maybe a CB Auto Action, even if it's temporarily enabled?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Tomás

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326207 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Importing Users with CSV and assigning a plan
When importing a user through CB > User Management you cannot subscribe to a plan during that import. You'll need to import them to a plan after importing their user in CBSubs > Import separately. That would be the easiest way to do this without having to do any manual coding work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

2 years 7 months ago #326225 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Importing Users with CSV and assigning a plan
Thank you Kyle,

The CBSubs import seems straight forward enough, thanks for that.

I'm still a bit sketchy on the user import side. On another post you mentioned:

Don't import a password and it'll generate one automatically when they're imported. This works similar to use auto generated passwords feature. Imports in CB > User Management go through normal user creation processes (same process as creating a user manually in backend) so it will send welcome/pending email as needed.

My doubts are about the email sent out. In my settings, users are approved automatically, but there is a plan requirement. Will the email be sent out with a welcome even if there isn't a plan attached yet? Or will it be a pending one?
My plan is to prepare both import files after testing and do the CBSubs right after the user, so those getting the emails will be able to login right away without much delay.

Also could you please confirm if this is the language key for the email going out: "YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_MESSAGE"

Thank you,
Tomás

2 years 7 months ago #326234 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Importing Users with CSV and assigning a plan
The import process is no different than creating the user manually within CB > User Management so expect any emails to be sent as if you created the user manually. This typically means if they're marked approved and confirmed they'll get the welcome email, if approved and not confirmed they'll get the pending email, etc.. This will completely ignore CBSubs as CB > User Management import has nothing to do with CBSubs plan assignment and is only for importing their CB user. CBSubs emails should be sent when importing in CBSubs though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn