Manual Update to Joomla 4 Site

2 years 7 months ago #326224 by kautrand
Manual Update to Joomla 4 Site was created by kautrand
Looking to rebuild an existing 3.10 site in J4 instead of doing a migration. Can I import the existing CB database into the new site, if so, how.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326233 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Manual Update to Joomla 4 Site
Do you plan on moving over your users as well? That's where things get tricky as you're then dealing with migrating Joomla tables too. For CB it's just a matter of exporting tables prefixed with _comprofiler, _groupjive, and _cbsubs then importing them to your new database.

To move your Joomla users you need to also export and import _users, but that won't be up to date with Joomla 4 structure so you'll probably only want to export the data and not structure of _users. You'll also need _user_usergroup_map so they don't lose their usergroups and if you're using custom usergroups you'll also need _usergroups and _viewlevels.

Easiest approach is probably to make a clone of your site, upgrade it to Joomla 4, then move the database data to a new site so all the table structures and data will be up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kautrand

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn