getter error message when creating a blog

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #326226 by qneal78710
I did just like the video said (CB 2.0 Tutorials - 16 - CB Blogs Plugin Joomla Mode)

Model: Joomla
Mode: full only

1. I created one category(userblogs) and three subcategories (fashion blogs, food blogs, travel blogs)
2. category: userblogs
3 Under Default tab => "Fashion blogs"
4. On the front end for a user, I can see "Fashion Blogs as the default

I create the blog and hit "create blog"

Blog failed to save! Error:

I'm missing something here. What did you do before the video to make this work?

I am user a fresh Joomla 4 with cb Latest version 2.6.2
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326227 by qneal78710
Replied by qneal78710 on topic getter error message when creating a blog
you know what, I think I need to add some permissions for users to create interal blogs and articles. But what are the permissions that I need to set and where?
Attachments:

2 years 7 months ago #326237 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic getter error message when creating a blog
CB Blogs likely isn't compatible with Joomla 4. We're working through all Joomla 4 issues still. Have added a bug ticket to investigate and fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8695

You're going to hit a lot of roadblocks using Joomla 4 this early. Most extensions are still working through compatibility. Just a heads up to be aware of this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326243 by qneal78710
Krileon,

I appreciate you honestly and I understand what you're talking about. The reason I'm starting on Joomla 4 is because I won't need my website until around March or April. So I might as well start with Joomla 4, since I don't want to make constant jumps from Joomla 3.9 to a whole new game changer. Best to start with Joomla 4, and what untill everyone catches up with their upgraded software apps. I do have a question though. Since I purchased the memberships and but all of the apps don't work, what happens in 6 months when most of the apps work but now I can't download them because my membership will be over. It's like I purchase an app-in-transit and when it's ready, I won't be able to use it. Will you give those who purchase your memberships some kind of mulligan (golf terms for a second chance), so I won't have to purchase another membership for $100??? That would be helpful and I would gladly help with going through all of the apps and testing them to get this whole thing going faster.

Your pal,

Q

2 years 7 months ago #326244 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic getter error message when creating a blog
This issue along with several style conflicts have now been fixed in latest build release.

Since I purchased the memberships and but all of the apps don't work, what happens in 6 months when most of the apps work but now I can't download them because my membership will be over.

Unless you renew you will lose access to download paid products (everything already installed will continue to work fine) and thus updates to those paid products. Core CB is free so you will of course be able to download core CB updates.

It's like I purchase an app-in-transit and when it's ready, I won't be able to use it.

We're prioritizing all J4 issues and fixing them as quickly as possible (usually same day or within 1-2 business days of being reported). This is just the nature of software. There will always be bugs and will do our best to fix them as quickly as possible.

Will you give those who purchase your memberships some kind of mulligan (golf terms for a second chance), so I won't have to purchase another membership for $100???

No, this is just how software works. Software is a constant maintenance. Without an active subscription you'll always likely miss out on something. If it isn't a J4 conflict fix it could be some other bug or feature. Some issues, like this topic, are in CBs core code and core CB is free so you of course don't need a subscription for such fixes.

That would be helpful and I would gladly help with going through all of the apps and testing them to get this whole thing going faster.

All bug reports are certainly appreciated and we will fix them as quickly as possible as they are found.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326246 by qneal78710
This issue along with several style conflicts have now been fixed in latest build release.

Which build release? => 2.6.2+build.2021.08.30.16.03.46.4d244e711
or a build release that you're pushing out tonight?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn